Swamps injectors and new cups

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Well went to do glow plugs on my 02 and surely enough fuel in coolant just started so new cups on order, swamps stage 2 injectors, and riffraffs tools when they ship. Never did these cups before but will it be pretty straight forward with having the tools? Also locktite 620 coming also.

bryan.d

Reaction score
Like magnum said "pretty straight forward". RiffRaff's tool make it so much easier. Do get in too much of a rush and let the loctite dry/cure for 24hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Thank you I figured get it spick and span,install the cups one at a time then an injector to hold them in place then move to the next one. Figured get them all in by Friday at midnight then let them sit till sunday morning then I'll know there fully cured. Flush the cooling system a million times and refill with elc and fire it up. I ordered the riffraff frx also so I'll install that sat while there setting up. I did away with the LL injector and stayed with all ad's so I'll need that till the full regulated return in summer time. I'm reading 2 different spots to put the 620 on. 1 is the bottom and top sides and some are saying on the bottom edge and the edge under the very top? Any suggestions on what works better or the true proper spot?

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I ordered the stage 2 splits from swamps and really wish I would have went with singles now as I can't find anything good about splits especially with bigger nozzles. Problem 2 is have no singles for cores also. I hate making wrong costly decisions. I think for the same price I could have 160 singles and all better around injectors from what I been researching and reading. Ugh

cbf9703

Reaction score
Can swamps change your order?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
If he ordered them recently, not an issue, and probably still can change it regardless.

OP, call and talk to them- the injector room usually has a pretty full board and can change the order or possibly use the set they're building for you for someone else if you want to change.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I'll try but it's been 4 days and there supposed to ship by sat. I wonder what the core costs will be as I only have my set of splits as cores no singles?

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I'll try that one in the morning. I'm still figuring it's too late. Ofcoarse the tools haven't shipped yet and was supposed to be a very small wait like 1 to 2 days. Been a week. This has to get started fixing Friday so I can get the cups in by midnight Friday and let them set up till sunday morning then finish it up by Sunday night. Maybie wanting the best isn't so best.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Well contacted riffraff and ofcoarse no tools were returned yet and tried calling swamps today but no answer so I wrote an email as the injectors were supposed to ship yesterday or today but I got no email with a tracking number like I was supposed to when they shipped. I tried looking up the order but nothings showing. I did order by phone but I'd imagine the order would come up on the website even if made over the phone. I'm at a loss here as I need all this stuff for Friday to get this up and running as its my only vehicle. I've only ever heard of good stuff with both places but being told tools would ship if not that day then more aless the following day and that was monday. Then told injectors would be done and shipped Friday or Saturday at the latest and no email with tracking then there not shipped. I just don't get it.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Well contacted riffraff and ofcoarse no tools were returned yet and tried calling swamps today but no answer so I wrote an email as the injectors were supposed to ship yesterday or today but I got no email with a tracking number like I was supposed to when they shipped. I tried looking up the order but nothings showing. I did order by phone but I'd imagine the order would come up on the website even if made over the phone. I'm at a loss here as I need all this stuff for Friday to get this up and running as its my only vehicle. I've only ever heard of good stuff with both places but being told tools would ship if not that day then more aless the following day and that was monday. Then told injectors would be done and shipped Friday or Saturday at the latest and no email with tracking then there not shipped. I just don't get it.
Call Swamps tomorrow, they aren't open on Sunday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I'm going to try and call tomorrow but I work on a pipeline 4am to 6pm and don't have alot of cell service. Today I had none. If those injectors arnt done and shipped there getting cancelled. It shouldn't take more then 8 days to make and ship and I can't just keep putting off getting the truck done as its my only vehicle. If all this doesn't get here by Friday then Im screwed as I already put in for the 3 days off . I'm feeling a bit aggrivated at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online