Emergency injector questions

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I'miss putting injectors in my 7.3 and got the new cup in and first injector in and not sure if the bottom of the hols down is supposed to be flush with the head or up about a quarter inch without the bolt in yet? This is holding me up.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just posted in your other thread but it should pull down a little more once you put the bolt in. Once the bolt goes in it levers the injector down tighter and you torque the bolt down with a torque wrench.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Without the bolt in the bottom I can still see the top metal ring right above the head will the bolt pull that down or is it supposed to be up?

morefuel

Reaction score
370x250-60-powerstroke-injector-diagram-1303215.jpeg

Maybe this will help.

mandkole

Reaction score
You should hear / feel the injector bottom in cup. It should be there before torquing the bolt.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Ok I set the injectors in then bumped them down about an inch with my palm. Then put the holdown securly under the top bolt if not already there and used a 5/8th wrench on the bottom of the holddown and pushed down about another 1/2 inch and if not fully down I used a rubber mallet and gently tapped it the other prob 1/2 inch or so till it bottomed. Torqued the lower bolt and between the injector holddown on the bottom and the head where the lower bolt goes in there was about a quarter inch space when all said n done. They all had the exact same space when they were torqued and done n even ran a straight edge across the tops to make sure they were even. Does it sound like I did good lol? The cups weren't bad doing with riffraffs tool they worked amazing.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Runs good alot quieter too no more injector tick. Egts are climbing to 1000 on a steady pull up hill at 60 and my oil pressure dropped 3 to 4 lbs at idle when warmed up but maybie that's cause of the air still in the oil rails but that's a different system. The egts I'd bet are the canned tunes on my ts6. I'll have to have it reburn I think

Latest posts

Members online