Cab squeaking???

C2tuck

Reaction score
Hi all-

I've noticed that my 2015 CCSB squeaks anytime the frame twists i.e...turning into a driveway or driving through a bar ditch etc. it seems to be coming from the rear of the cab somewhere and is just annoying as $hit. Anyone else have this issue or know the fix for it? I've had several 2012-14 work trucks with high miles and have never noticed this before. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

C2tuck

Reaction score
Nope. Just squeaking. Not sure if it part of the plastic around the back seat or somewhere up in the headliner.

sootie

Reaction score
Plug the rear seatbelts in to their buckles and see if anything changes

C2tuck

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if it was the body mounts as it sounds like rubber on metal kind of noise. But the vehicle history report shows that this truck has never been worked on at all. It actually looks like it was never driven or used really...so I dunno

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Striker plates in the door jams. Try a little grease on them or tape and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
I have noticed the rear doors seem "loose" when you close them. I know on the old dodges you could move the striker in some and it would tighten them up. Does that work for these guys too?

Jomax

Reaction score
Yeah...kinda thought it was a long shot but I'll try anything..it's annoying as hell

Worth a shot, quite a few guys had the dumb thing cause the rattles. Me included.

For the minor cab flex, I have it when entering store driveways. But it's the whole cab not just the rear doors. It's the nature of the beast. Completely normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbdyspclk

Reaction score
The cab vents on my 08 f350 one protruded and rubs against bed annoying the crap out of me,behind cab are 2 vents,check gap between cab and bed,bet that's your squeak

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
I think I also have this. A creaking sound, like the doors flexing. My 2010 super cab had it as well. It does seem to be more noticeable in cold weather

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's the vents but I haven't been home yet. What's the best way to fix this?

Latest posts

Members online