Minimum trans mods for 700-750hp

Reaction score
im building my 6.0 out to approximately 700 hp but i now need to worry about the transmission.
what is the minimum i should do for it to be capable of those numbers?
what are the fail points on the 5R110's?
i was thinking a performance clutch kit,(clutches, steels, piston, pressure plate) shift kit, and a torque converter but idk what the shafts will hold, etc.

if you have tranny knowledge please pitch in!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Im running a twisted stage 3 at close to 800 horse. Its not full billet, but close to it they said. I had priced doing it myself, and it was more cost effective to buy a built one, plus it came with a warranty. If i remember right it was close to 5500 to build one myself, and i paid around 6 for the twisted with a dpc quad disk converter.

Reaction score
that's interesting.
up in canada its hard to find anyone to do it that cheap.
this is also partly for the experience!
i may end up going that route if it does require more than what i listed
thanks for the input

Lipka101

Reaction score
Depending on how you drive, a competition clutch kit, billet triple disc converter and a billet input should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jsexton

Reaction score
Reach out to David Ferguson at RED DIAMOND DIESEL, he did my 5r110 built and took the time to really talk with me and explain my opinions and not over sell me just to make money. Also after the trans install any tuning questions and trans questions he always called me back or answer right then. What I've learned in the diesel performance their are few vendors to take the time and back their product and not their just to collect your money...

Peanut450

Reaction score
Talk to the guys at warren diesel they will steer you in right direction. I’ve read David at red diamond builds great trans and good service but I haven’t got much from him after our first phone call. I’ll end up ordering a warren competition trans tomorrow to finally get my truck back up and going...