DIY T4 Mount

ja_cain

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has dimensions/drawings on a T4 collector and base for the 7.3. Really want to fab my own setup. Still looking for a junk motor to use for mock up but would like to get the base and collector machined first. Thanks in advance for any help/info.

psduser1

Reaction score
There were some dimensions in a turbo thread from a couple yrs ago, but I'm not sure which subforum now. Can you find any dimensions from a T4 turbo, or measure one?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Found my base plate on EBay. Got lucky with that.

The 2" pipe is a little bit bigger if you form it square around the flange hole.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
image_zps2288e50d.jpg

ja_cain

Reaction score
What is the standard plate thickness? I'm assuming I can just use stock pedestal to get the block/valley mounting holes correct. Maybe I can find a junk t4 style turbo to get the collector mounting holes. Just want to make sure I have the mounting height right so I don't run into any clearance problems. If someone could give me the distance form the top of the base plate to the bottom turbo mount hole that would give would be great. Once I get one made up I will probably have my lab manager draw it up in inventor and then I will post it up here so anyone can make one.

psduser1

Reaction score
I'd love to play with it, just haven't felt the need yet.
One thing to keep in mind, some models offer a "race cover". Maybe different ods?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Your better off having the turbo you are going to use to know where to mount everything.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Your better off having the turbo you are going to use to know where to mount everything.

Good point compressor/turbine housings will be different. Most likely going with a S300 series turbo. Really want a BASB.

ja_cain

Reaction score
What is the best up-pipe diameter to go with? 1 3/4" or 2". I'm assuming exhaust velocity will have an impact on spool-p/getting the exhaust turbine moving. I have a ZF in my truck so I want to go with something that will give me the best response. Overall goals are not much over 400 hp. In other words, what is the stock up-pipe diameter? Also, where do you get the flanges/gaskets that mount to the manifolds?

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The stock is 2".

I just kept the stock up pipe to a place where the bellow will fit and welded them to it. Then switched to stainless

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has dimensions/drawings on a T4 collector and base for the 7.3. Really want to fab my own setup. Still looking for a junk motor to use for mock up but would like to get the base and collector machined first. Thanks in advance for any help/info.

If you have the ability to build? Find a motor and design your own. Much more satisfying!!!

ja_cain

Reaction score
If you have the ability to build? Find a motor and design your own. Much more satisfying!!!
I think that's what I'm going to do. What brand engine stand you guys like to use to hold these heavy mf'ers?

Latest posts

Members online