injector upgrade time again

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys i currently have a 01 f250 with swamps ad30 injectors, a converted gtp38 to 38r specs minus the ball bearings, 1.0 non wastegated housing KC s300 turbine. also has the FRx and oil rail crossover and a couple of other minor doodads done too it. any how im wanting too upgrade injectors on it and im thinking a 180/30% is what im leaning towards. im just not sure if i should go with the swamps 175/146, rosewood or FF 180/30s. i use the truck mostly as a daily and occasionally tows my jeep although i do plan on towing a gooseneck in the future loaded with 2 jeeps... what would be the power difference between the AD30s, 160/30s and 180/30s? ive read claims that the Ad30s are capable of 380hp??????? i would imagine the 180/30s would net more power and be more efficient and less smokey? what do yall think would be best for my setup???

thanks and sorry for the longpost!!!!

EPA

Reaction score
sounds like wonderful super helpful advice.... thanks.

Why not keep the ad30% ??? Spend the money on good tunes, torque converter and vb. Just curious... Not telling you how to spend money.

Last edited:

97cherokee

Reaction score
I already have tunes and a johnwoods VB. Plan too upgrade trans and TC next year. Plus I believe my ad30s poppetts are getting worn as it is getting harder every winter too start and everything else checked out fine plus they are undersized from what I understand for my turbo setup.

97cherokee

Reaction score
Also yes the injectors are still under warranty via swamps, but they are almost 5 yrs old so even if I get them fixed they will be out of warranty soon and I'd rather upgrade since I'm pulling them.

EPA

Reaction score
Also yes the injectors are still under warranty via swamps, but they are almost 5 yrs old so even if I get them fixed they will be out of warranty soon and I'd rather upgrade since I'm pulling them.

Why not get them fixed and sell them fresh from swamps... If you're willing and depending on what you would want I would be interested... I can pull my ad injectors from my running truck and send them to you or a shop as cores.

97cherokee

Reaction score
I could entertain that idea, why dont you PM me when you get a chance and we can discuss it.

Latest posts

Members online