Custom Tuning Requests for 6.7

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Guys,

Mentioned in the software update thread that we will be accepting custom tuning requests on Monday. It appears that there was a lot of interest in that, so I'll give some needed details here.

Please email sales with those orders, we will need the following information:

******* device serial number
VIN number
Build of truck (F250, 350, SRW/DRW, etc)
Tire Size and rear gear ratio
Exact list of hardware modification

Price is 100.00 per file, or a set of 5 (each power level) for 400.00.

Turnaround time is 5 business days- it may be quicker than that, but currently it will be only me making these to start with until Jeff has some additional tools to use. Since we are still heavily involved with new product development, I'm setting aside 1 day a week to take care of custom files.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Guys,

Mentioned in the software update thread that we will be accepting custom tuning requests on Monday. It appears that there was a lot of interest in that, so I'll give some needed details here.

Please email sales with those orders, we will need the following information:

******* device serial number
VIN number
Build of truck (F250, 350, SRW/DRW, etc)
Tire Size and rear gear ratio
Exact list of hardware modification

Price is 100.00 per file, or a set of 5 (each power level) for 400.00.

Turnaround time is 5 business days- it may be quicker than that, but currently it will be only me making these to start with until Jeff has some additional tools to use. Since we are still heavily involved with new product development, I'm setting aside 1 day a week to take care of custom files.

Will the price include "unlimited" reversions?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
There won't be unlimited revisions. We will work with a customer though. Obviously more extensive builds are going to potentially require more time and we understand that.

I'll elaborate on this a bit once I'm back on a PC instead of mobile.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Guess not

Had forgotten my response here.

Back in 2007 and 2008, we offered "unlimited" tuning when we sold SCT devices. To be bluntly honest, it was a total disaster, and was abused. Not by most people, but the ones who did pretty much ruined it for me personally.

If someone buys custom files from us, we will provide reasonable support. I don't expect all files to be one-and-done, and I'm not going to refuse revisions, especially when trying to dial in hardware modifications. Myself and Jeff will be accommodating as possible. For example, if you buy files for a single turbo truck, we will make revisions for you to dial in fueling, shifting, etc- whatever you need.

I won't, however, in good conscience offer "unlimited" tuning when it's not feasible. The problem we ran into before, was a select few people expecting new file sets (for free) for entirely different truck setups, 12 or 18 months after initial purchase of a file set, and then get irate when we invoice them for new files. To be perfectly honest, "unlimited" tuning is what pushed me out of doing custom tunes a while back.

What I will be offering, in conjunction with normal tuning services, is for any customer within driving distance (or willing to drive to us) to schedule an appointment with me personally for tuning services. I know that doesn't help guys in Oregon or Alberta, but for those nearby or able to drive, it will allow me to provide much better services to you.

Latest posts

Members online