MBRP Up-Pipes

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Anyone seen these or use them yet? Do they have a better than stock collector design? I REALLY like the price @ $280 and I have had nothing but good things to say about MBRP products....

fal2313.jpg

Gadgetguru

Reaction score
Had them on for about a week and half. Got them for $238. Seem to be a decent stock replacement. The SS bellows are big and have an interlock lining. I think the welds could have been a little better on the pipes though.

P7080292_zps72d1af33.jpg

P7080291_zps9108c6f5.jpg

P7080301_zpsc4d78135.jpg

P7080299_zpsadc78c66.jpg

P7080297_zps1488dc75.jpg

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Did mbrp advertise any Hp gains with using these?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
That collector looks a little better than stock. I would think they would flow a little better than the stockers. Maybe a drop in EGT's and BP?

sootie

Reaction score
i doubt you will see much gain of any kind-just have to replace them less often then stockers.

Gadgetguru

Reaction score
Not sure about any gains. The bellow on my stock y-pipe had been bad for a while and had to wait until I could afford a new one. Couldn't beat the deal on the MBRP. Good product for the money.

After installing the MBRP y-pipe it was so much nicer driving my truck. No more high pitched squeal, EGT's dropped back down to where they should be, more responsive and improved boost without the leak. Also I gained .5mpg.

This was my stock y-pipe:

P7080285_zps974210f2.jpg

Hit it with some high temp paint I had:

P7080304_zpsfa838366.jpg

Last edited:

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Has anyone installed these with the cab on? It's hard to mess up with the cab up, but fit is important with the cab-on.
We did a Y pipe from a known aftermarket supplier that took HOURS to get to fit properly.

...Hit it with some high temp paint I had:

For up-pipes I always prefer a silver or gray. If they are black, and happen to blow the bellows again you'll never see the soot.

Gadgetguru

Reaction score
Has anyone installed these with the cab on? It's hard to mess up with the cab up, but fit is important with the cab-on.
We did a Y pipe from a known aftermarket supplier that took HOURS to get to fit properly.

For up-pipes I always prefer a silver or gray. If they are black, and happen to blow the bellows again you'll never see the soot.

Did mine in my driveway (cab on). Seems to be leak free so far.

Good point about the black paint. I used silver on my exhaust and have found leaks by seeing the soot. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared, all I had was black and needed it done so I could drive to work the next day. I did not however, paint the SS bellows themselves.

Last edited:

f3502wd

Reaction score
Im bumping this thread to see if theres been any issues to date? Its nice to have a set of up pipes with no core charge.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.