Video heavy: 6.0 Non VGT spool thread

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Shawn my thought is having a Turbo custom Specd as opposed to getting something out of a box is a big headache saver

What is so special about pius turbo they look like standard borgwarmer turbos...does he make his own turbine wheels? Housings? Compressor wheels?

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
i think all he's saying Craig is he wants a turbo spec'd to his truck for what he does, kinda what you guys do when someone calls and says i want to tow, you build him a 62/65/.76 or if a guy calls and says he wants a hot street truck you might build him a 66/71/.76 or put a .83t4 on there, hes not refering to having something special, just getting the best info he can from here to put together a charger that works for him

JDub

Reaction score
What is so special about pius turbo they look like standard borgwarmer turbos...does he make his own turbine wheels? Housings? Compressor wheels?

Pius is a turbocharging genius...and we had awesome luck with everything he built and designed for WOP. I bet the 6.4 single he engineered for us would work really well on a 6.0. I'm going to try and get one on my Dmax at some point.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Pius is a turbocharging genius...and we had awesome luck with everything he built and designed for WOP. I bet the 6.4 single he engineered for us would work really well on a 6.0. I'm going to try and get one on my Dmax at some point.
I get hes a genius my question was what does he do thats so special? does he make his own parts or modify parts?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have a 66/73/91 ett box turbo and it spools just fine.its my "custom spec" lol

patrickke

Reaction score
by the way just asking not starting anything

Pius puts together the Turbo according to the trucks specs and needs... Such as ordering specific parts and machining (as well as balancing them)... He doesn't believe in out of the box chargers

call me if you have any more questions

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I will have my videos to contribute here in a few days of a 66/73/.91 with 205cc injectors. But i had to chime in and ask why this thread is specifically NON VGT? Do bigger VGT's have absolutely no lag/smoke at all?

Mods can remove this post as well as other unnecessary post to keep this on track. that would be awesome.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No I actually agree that this thread should be open to large vgt turbos as well.

More Vids please....and please guys keep this one on topic

2002FordPwr

Reaction score
this is a video I took trying out my new gopro. I didnt intend it to be a spool up video but I guess you can kinda tell. The tune really hurt it in the beginning when it shifted.

set up is 66/74/.70 with stock manifolds and stock up pipes with RCD t3 adapter. and s483. injectors are 285 or 340s I think 340s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez9qFOwhqq8&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEqujknCkdo&feature=g-upl

God, that is beautiful land.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Whats the point, it doesnt tell you anything besides how long you can smoke out the road.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Choking out the turbo? I think that doesnt show true spool characteristics

How do ya figure? Yeah sure he could use a little more air to get it to clear up...but that video shows PERFECTLY the idle-to-hard-acceleration spool up of HIS particular injector setup and HIS particular turbo setup.

Latest posts

Members online