New Truck Lift Questions

deiter5262

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct section. If not- Mods please move my thread.

I just purchased a new to me 03 6.0 w/ a 6" lift. I really don't like how tall it is, it must go for multiple reasons. Such as: Fuel Mileage, fit in parking garage, and wear/tear on my drive train.

Anyway- I currently have 6" lift running 20X10 gear alloy wheels with 37" Nitto Terra's on my truck. Tires are bald and lift needs to go.

I have all the factory springs and set up gear from factory with the truck.

My new wanted set-up.

20X10 wheels with 35" tires X12.5. I am thinking a 3" lift or maybe 2.5 level kit.

Question: How do I achieve this leveled look.

-What level kit should I go with? And should I put my old factory leafs back in and just do shackle mod?

-Or please point me in the right direction for a nice driving level/lift for 3" over factory clearance from a vendor.

I am looking for nice ride quality and will need new adjustable track bar, etc when I go back to level kit. Trying to remove lift completely and sell.

thank you,

-T.J.

deiter5262

Reaction score
pics of my current lift

Attachments

• RED HIDS.jpg
    RED HIDS.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Rainy  Big Red.jpg
    Rainy Big Red.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 29
  • F250.jpg
    F250.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 31

junglejoe

Reaction score
Yes; it is roughly two years old I am told. I am waiting on my tax return then looking what to do. Probably for sure going w/ a 3" set up to run 20' w/ 35" tires.
I just did a 3 inch lift with 35's they rub the front lock to lock!

Attachments

• )()()(((((((()()(.jpg
    )()()(((((((()()(.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 36

Monster12valve

Reaction score
Crazy how some rub and some don't. I have 35's without a lift on 20x10 XD's and they don't rub at all. Must be the offset or backspacing

deiter5262

Reaction score
I just did a 3 inch lift with 35's they rub the front lock to lock!

truck looks killer, that's the look I am going for. I bet if you trim your front bumper you'll be golden. And looks like you did a 2011 up new bed? Truck looks sharp. I also will probably end up ditching my rust bed and going with a 2011 + Superduty bed then paint it to match.

Crazy how some rub and some don't. I have 35's without a lift on 20x10 XD's and they don't rub at all. Must be the offset or backspacing

I think it has a lot to do with bumper being trimmed and the tire itself. But- most definitely offset of the wheel has something to do with it. I ran 20x10 w/ 34" tires on my 2000 F350 on a level kit with no rubbing or no trimming.

Also- I just purchased a Fabtech 3.5" hanger lift kit. :thumbsup:That should get me the clearance I need and help with the looks/ drivability of my truck.

And here is my current set up as of today with the step delete mod done.

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online