Traction Bar/Ladder Bar ideas

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in dire need for some good traction bars, but am thinking of fabricating my own? Any ideas? Or would going with a well known company be of my best interest? Pictures always help! Thanks in advance! :popcorn:

little luke

Reaction score
If you can weld or have some one who can, id do them your self. Ive made several sets for locals.

Attachments

• V__FBF6.jpg
    V__FBF6.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 124
  • V__F777.jpg
    V__F777.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 123
  • V__BEDD.jpg
    V__BEDD.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 144

Layson

Reaction score
You can just order these and bolt them on in a couple hours...LOL

443_Product_Cards_Page_01.jpg

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
If you can weld or have some one who can, id do them your self. Ive made several sets for locals.

What size tubing is that? I have been thinking to try and use some square tubing?

But I wish I could afford some OUO, I have installed a pair, and love the floating design! Anyone know anything about the Full Flex Customs traction bar "floating" design?

Layson

Reaction score
Don't get these. Waste of money.... think about how that works. If you hit the brakes and then gas it.... BANG!!!
th?id=HN.608052294496554451&pid=1.jpg

Layson

Reaction score
But I wish I could afford some OUO, I have installed a pair, and love the floating design! Anyone know anything about the Full Flex Customs traction bar "floating" design?

Get the weld on setup. They are not that much. If you have a welder then piece of cake.

443_Product_Cards_Page_04.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
hit up Trevor @ PMF, NotStock on here, reasonable price, work great, quality and finish is second to none...

little luke

Reaction score
What size tubing is that? I have been thinking to try and use some square tubing?

The white one was a 2" od and 1.5" id. Red was something close to 1.75" od and 1.25 id on the main and 1.25 and 7/8id on the lower I think. 3/8" brackets, grade 8 hardware, 3" bushings one the front and 3" Johny joints on the back. Start to finish was like 3 hrs built and installed after i did the first set. When I build mine ill be using 2x2" square tubing with a .25" wall and a ladder bar design.

Last edited:

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
I never had thought about that about the Full Flex thing, I did think it could be noisy! Thanks guys! But my brother Ross owns Flyin Diesel Performance, I may look into those (working to become a sponsor as we speak). Now the debate of which one is better? OUO weld on set, or a set of PMF bars?:poke:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I never had thought about that about the Full Flex thing, I did think it could be noisy! Thanks guys! But my brother Ross owns Flyin Diesel Performance, I may look into those (working to become a sponsor as we speak). Now the debate of which one is better? OUO weld on set, or a set of PMF bars?:poke:

Why debate? Just pick one.. You won't find a clear cut winner they're both the highest quality.

sootie

Reaction score
What's the benefit of flipping the ubolts?

if you are planning to run an OUO setup, it is much cheaper to flip the u-bolts and run the single bar design off the 2011+ trucks than buy the block kit or bolt-on kit for the 2010- models.

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
if you are planning to run an OUO setup, it is much cheaper to flip the u-bolts and run the single bar design off the 2011+ trucks than buy the block kit or bolt-on kit for the 2010- models.

Awesome, does this require new u- bolts? Not a huge deal, just wondering. I love the idea of the floating design though, seems like a huge plus for somebody who tows on occasion.

Layson

Reaction score

You know what I am going to say. LOL. I would go with the OUO set. But it is hard to tell the difference from a distance anymore between the two now. They look so eerily similar. LOL.

f3504.jpg

But I will tell you one thing. I do know you won't ever have any issues with the OUO setup.

They are on the highest horsepower trucks out their. They are on stock height to monster truck size trucks. You can tow, sled pull, or go elk hunting and they will work. If you need to change the height of your truck you can do that. Easy to install and they are a proven setup that has been out there for 10-15 years now. This is one of those products that should come on every truck.

You won't ever have to service any joints in the OUO setup since there are none. You won't ever have any unwanted noises (squeaking) either with the OUO setup.

Latest posts

Members online