Could my LPFP be dying?

Reaction score
Have had some issues with what seems to be fueling with my truck. Truck likes to throw a P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance code as soon as the key is turned to start and the odd time injector contribution codes for cylinder 2 and 7. I took the truck to a well trusted ford tech and he figured bad fuel and some gunk buildup given those injectors and sensor are at the end of the rail. He put in some conditioner and said codes went away, I moved to doing the same and they went away for me, then came back and went away with conditioner and are now on just about every startup. Truck will also stall when coasting to a stop usually when I go to turn off the highway into the farmyard or come to a red light, and I'm wondering if the fuel rail is draining. The minimaxx will have 4k psi rail pressure as last reading when this happens, however it reads 4.5k to 5.5k psi pressure at idle and 29k at wot so I don't know how accurate that is. Fuel filters were changed last december, truck has had 4k kms on it since then. Anybody got any ideas? Mods are all in the sig, I always run the street tune, never race.

Reaction score
Update, fueled the truck up with shell diesel, as soon as I turned the key it threw an injector 7 contribution code, I cleared it, drove 5 minutes, stopped at a red light, while waiting for it to turn truck started rumbling bad suddenly and stalled, last read rail pressure reading was 6.2k. Restarted it and truck ran fine for the hour drive home.

jcain

Reaction score
I'd changed the sensor on the back of the driverside rail. Then the one on the cp4.

Latest posts

Members online