LED Retrofit?

Fly By Night

Reaction score
I'm driving a '19 6.7 for work now and the halogen bulbs are pretty good but could use some improvement. Has any one messed with LED conversions for these? What bulbs did you use and how is the beam pattern?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm driving a '19 6.7 for work now and the halogen bulbs are pretty good but could use some improvement. Has any one messed with LED conversions for these? What bulbs did you use and how is the beam pattern?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Holy crap. I think they are bright af.. if you use high beams a lot then have bambi mode activated. You will get high beam, low beam and fogs all at once.

live life full throttle

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Holy crap. I think they are bright af.. if you use high beams a lot then have bambi mode activated. You will get high beam, low beam and fogs all at once.

live life full throttle

If you get used to nice lights nothing compares.
I had 8-hi in my denali- HID high, LED projector low, LED drls, and LED fogs (they were brighter than most headlights themselves). When I sold the truck I took the chip and set my buddys lbz up the same way but with rigid fogs, and it's like daylight.

My 6.4 has switchbacks and leds and led fogs, and it's good but not even close to the denali. My dad's 14 that i have been driving has stock bulbs and it's terrible (relatively). I might throw some LED's in there just for my own sake (and as a thank you for letting me borrow it)

As for OP I'd just use forscan to turn on bambi mode and get some mid level amazon/ebay leds. Use VLEDS website bulb finder to figure out what you need. Their stuff is nice but expensive, the chinese lights online are good enough. I've had good luck with beamtech in my work trucks, and I really haven't seen that much difference in the headlight bulbs between vleds, putco (expensive) and the beamtechs. For reverse and other lights it seems the cheapos don't come close. I have replaced tons of cheap turn signals, mirror lights, reverse lights, accents, step lights, markers, etc and once I switched to something like a vled, putco, or even sylvania from autozone, I've been fine. The one thing i've noticed about ebay lights is I've had to modify either the lights or the housings to get them to fit but it's good to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online