HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP DONE

Silver8ts

Reaction score
HEY GUYS I'M NEW TO THE FORUM. I HAVE A 2012 F250 4X4 CREW CAB SHORT BED, S&B INTAKE, AFE 5" EXHAUST, *****D, SCT X4 WITH TYRANT TUNES. THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP JUST TOOK A **** AND I NEED TO REPLACE EVERYTHING. BEFORE THIS HAPPEND I WAS GOING TO PUT A 15 HPFP AND DO THE 15 FACTORY TURBO UPGRADE. I WAS A TECH FOR FORD FOR 20 YEARS AND AM NOW A CORNWELL TOOL DEALER. SO I HAVE ALL THE KNOW HOW AND TOOLS TO DO THIS ALL MYSELF. BUT WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECCOMEND FOR THE FUEL SYSTEM, AND BEST TURBO?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
First of all, stop shouting at us. Secondly, if you are a 29 yr ford tech, why are you in here asking questions?

15+ hpfp upgrade is a wise choice, and is 100% drop in.
You will need to change the injectors, clean the fuel rails, replace the frp sensor. You will also want to flush all the low pressure lines as well as drop the tank and clean it out.

For the turbo, I would go with the 2017+ design as it has less leak points and a cleaner install. All of this can be done with genuine Ford product.

Silver8ts

Reaction score
I did all of this on my phone and it was accidentally in upper case! But What I’m looking for is good aftermarket performance suggestions! I know what to replace as far as factory components go. I’m looking for the best performance combo turbo wise and possibly fuel system.

sootie

Reaction score
Exergy stroker fuel pump and either Midwest, Fleece or Taterbuilt drop in chargers with bigger compressor wheels.

What are the goals for your truck power wise?

Silver8ts

Reaction score
Honestly not sure about how crazy I want to get. it is my daily driver and I tow a 26 foot boat, and a trailer with a side by side ant atvs occasionally. the last diesel I had was a 2002 f350 7.3 with stage 3 injectors, stealth stage 2 oil pump, turbonetics turbo. I was awesome on power but too much for towing.. egt's were way too high. I don't want to make that mistake again.

sootie

Reaction score
so why wouldn't you do what i originally suggested? OEM parts fitment and reliability...and with correct tuning it makes 600hp at the tires! Never have to glance at a gauge no matter what your towing and drivability is like stock-just more power.

Wicked

Reaction score
Rumor has it that KC, BD, and maybe a few others are releasing a new turbo (or hopefully just an impeller kit) early 2020 that might be more budget focused but have a 10 blade turbine. Probably won't make any more power over stock as the '17+ turbos are pretty good already but it might make your truck sound like the 03 6.0 10 blade turbos.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so why wouldn't you do what i originally suggested? OEM parts fitment and reliability...and with correct tuning it makes 600hp at the tires! Never have to glance at a gauge no matter what your towing and drivability is like stock-just more power.
Agreed!!!!!

live life full throttle

doo dah

Reaction score
Not much activity on this form anymore. Plenty to search though, there is a ton of posts about turbos (thread at the top of this page), fuel system, tuning, etc...if you have to replace everything anyway now is the time to upgrade but what you do depends on how you use the truck, how much HP you want, etc...2015 retrofit turbo and fuel with proper tuning will make for a good performer all around.

farm boy

Reaction score

:whs: This guy recently hooked me up with exactly what he is describing. Truck tows great (20 rolls of hay, 32' cattle trailer, etc.), never have to worry about egt's and will flat get it empty. And I leave the tuner on the 3rd tyrant setting when towing.

Latest posts

Members online