Dual or single steering stabilizer

g2outfitter

Reaction score
2018 F250 Lariat leveled with 37's, does everyone recommend a single in original oem location or dual setup. Also what brands(include part#) do you recommend?

Thanks

G2
a11c00c06c0537f7013add8e30594c0e.jpg
29be15155236c824ec7e3df5befddade.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I'm running the PMF dual stabilizer on my 2013 with Bilstein shocks. High quality kit that has withstood the salt happy state where I live the last 3 years.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I’m running a King factory replacement single stabilizer and have no issues.

Wicked

Reaction score
I’m running cheap Rough Country. The mounting kit is actually really nicely made and the shocks have been working fine so far. If I ever have wobble come back from the 37s I’ll just get nicer shocks.

sootie

Reaction score
Get the alignment correct so you dont need a band-aid (a.k.a steering stabilzer)

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Alignment is perfect, I'm only trying to get rid of bump steer

ToMang07

Reaction score
I’m running cheap Rough Country. The mounting kit is actually really nicely made and the shocks have been working fine so far. If I ever have wobble come back from the 37s I’ll just get nicer shocks.
Yeah, me too.

I'm technically running triples...

Rough Country and Stock. I like the newer RC kit, much nicer than the old ones.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Yeah, me too.

I'm technically running triples...

Rough Country and Stock. I like the newer RC kit, much nicer than the old ones.

How is the quality of rough country products?

ToMang07

Reaction score
Like I said, it's much nicer than the old ones. I like it very much so far.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
If you have bump steer, your alignment isn't correct

Garbage.

Fax, carli or King
Well the truck tracks perfectly, and yes bump steer comes with having the 37s nothing to do with alignment

sootie

Reaction score
Well the truck tracks perfectly, and yes bump steer comes with having the 37s nothing to do with alignment

To the uneducated, that would seem like the case. What is castor set at please?

Wicked

Reaction score

I am in the same boat as you. Brand new truck, added the 3.5 lift kit and had an alignment done - drove perfectly - just like stock. Add the 37s and instantly had a slight steering wheel shake if I didn’t have my hand on the steering wheel. Drove perfectly still but steering wheel wobbled like I said. Checked balance on wheels and tires - perfect. Added the RC steering stabilized and that fixed everything. Just like stock now but looks way better.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. Brand new truck, added the 3.5 lift kit and had an alignment done - drove perfectly - just like stock. Add the 37s and instantly had a slight steering wheel shake if I didn’t have my hand on the steering wheel. Drove perfectly still but steering wheel wobbled like I said. Checked balance on wheels and tires - perfect. Added the RC steering stabilized and that fixed everything. Just like stock now but looks way better.
Awesome thanks, did you go with dual setup

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I completely agree sootie, I studied suspension geometry and have built several trucks/offroad vehicles, including solid axle ones.

Technically bump steer is impossible with a solid axle. The definition of bump steer is "the change in toe during a suspension cycle", which since there is a tie rod connecting the two, that cannot happen (unless there is play in the ball joints, but that's irrelevant)

I also believe steering dampeners are band aids for real problems. Every vehicle I have bought/owned I've pulled them off. A properly setup vehicle should not need one. And no, "bump steer" does not come with 37s, but 37s more exaggerate a problem that you didnt know you had yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Technically bump steer is impossible with a solid axle. The definition of bump steer is "the change in toe during a suspension cycle", which since there is a tie rod connecting the two, that cannot happen (unless there is play in the ball joints, but that's irrelevant).

I was also told bump steer is the condition where you hit a large bump and the suspension cycle tries to rip the steering wheel out of your hands. A vendor here says this condition is also caused by the track bar and steer bar being at largely different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I was also told bump steer is the condition where you hit a large bump and the suspension cycle tries to rip the steering wheel out of your hands. A vendor here says this condition is also caused by the track bar and steer bar being at largely different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The steering wheel being ripped out of your hands I dont think has a technical term, but people have started calling it bump steer because it's similar to what happens in an IFS vehicle with bump steer, but not the same thing.

The track bar and drag link being parallel and the same length have a lot to so with it, but it's not everything. It could be Caster, it could be slop in any one of the ball jojnts/bushings/wheel bearings, could be a tire separating and causing it to grab the road funny. Theresprobably more, but it's too early to think right now...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.