Finally going to do it! One "Monster" build, coming up.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Well, after nearly 3 years of of abuse, the head gaskets on the 6.0L finally gave up the ghost. I guess the Black Onyx gaskets just couldn't handle the strain. :fustrate: And no, I didn't install them. The truck came with them when I bought it.

So now it's time to do this thing up right. I've got an April 22, 2015 deadline and a $40k budget. Front to back, this is going to be one NASTY truck, the purpose of which is to be 1) Competitive in next year's Big Bend Open Road Race (http://www.bborr.com) 125 MPH GT3 class, 2) Be a perfectly streetable 800-1000 HP daily driver, and 3) Be a test bed from some very interesting induction, exhaust, and internal modifications that I have been theorizing about for a number of years.

This truck does not and will not tow... Ever... So towing EGTs/Performance are not a consideration or a concern. It's strictly a street/strip/high-speed playtoy. So don't ask how the final setup will work with a 10,000 Lb trailer. Don't know and don't care. :D This truck will be built to be a "sleeper". Well, as sleeper as a truck with 20x12 Rear and 20x10 Front tires can be.

Anyway, cab is off... Engine is torn down... and modifications (chassis, body, bed, and engine) are commencing. We will be posting photos and status updates as time permits. We're very excited to be able to share this with the online community and hope that everyone enjoys following along as the project progresses through next spring.

Now here comes the cheeze :doh: - If any manufacturers would like to help with any sponsorships or possible parts/product trades, we certainly wouldn't be offended. :bowfast: Anything and everything would be greatly appreciated and all sponsors will receive full credit for their contributions as well as placement of their logo on the sponsor perf on the back window.

We'll get some starter pics up tomorrow. Unfortunately, everything is already torn apart, so the "before" pics are going to be a bit lacking.

Enjoy and stay tuned!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
So, upon disassembly... It's amazing the truck was even running! :cursing:

Cylinders 1 & 3
(click to enlarge)
20141105_124621_sm.jpg

Cylinders 3, 5, & 7
(click to enlarge)
20141105_124639_sm.jpg

Cylinders 5 & 7
(click to enlarge)
20141105_124648_sm.jpg

Cylinders 2 & 4
(click to enlarge)
20141105_125755_sm.jpg

Cylinders 4 & 6
(click to enlarge)
20141105_125803_sm.jpg

Cylinders 6 & 8
(click to enlarge)
20141105_125740_sm.jpg

Passenger Side Gasket between 1 & 3
(click to enlarge)
20141105_125712_sm.jpg

Driver Side Gasket between 6 & 8
(click to enlarge)
20141105_125731_sm.jpg

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Bill,
Let me know how I can help out.

I might have some stuff laying around that might strike your interests

mandkole

Reaction score
When was the last time an 800hp+ PSD build was done where WOT would be for miles at a time, not seconds? I dont think there has been one, has there? This should be cool...

imelmo

Reaction score
When was the last time an 800hp+ PSD build was done where WOT would be for miles at a time, not seconds? I dont think there has been one, has there? This should be cool...

Good point. This will be interesting for sure.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm watching - long term high power output has been a subject of discussion around me as of late for various projects..... It can be done I think, but more attention needs to be paid to cooling and lubrication that most do. I'll be interested to see how this manifests itself.

Latest posts

Members online