Anyone ran a JL tw1 series ?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Hopefully with the time off for thanksgiving I'm going to start my build for my behind the seat enclosure. I think the factory sub is pretty weak so my plan is to run 4 if possible of the JL tw10's. Shallow mount , 10 inch, require about half a cubic foot. Worst case I'll fit 3. This should sound pretty good. Anyone ran these before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
I haven't heard the 10's but my stereo guy did a custom box with two of the 13w5 and they sounded pretty good for slim line subs. They don't drop quite as low as regular subs but for the space they take up they work good.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Picked one up today to mock up the enclosure
c64ba3a62c168c936f5a773cf56decf3.jpg

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I threw it in a box when I got home in my escape just for fun and its impressive to say the least for a shallow sub.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I'm a JL guy all the way! However I got an mb quart rl 304 slim 12 with almost the same specs iirc for about 60$ super cheap thought I'd give it a rip.
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed for a single 12 in a cc. That being said... Amp can make a huge difference if you haven't decided yet I will say my jl slash 500/1 v2 is ***k in awesome
Not as much as my 3-12w3 in a hatch integra on 1200 watts but for overall impression I'm happy.... For now till the matching pair gets added. If 1 us good. 2 must be better

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I have a rockford p1000 amp laying here in going to use for this. Birth sheet says a little over 1000 rms at 1 ohm. Should be perfect for 4 of these. I'm really thinking these are going to be capable getting pretty loud, and I'm not used slim subs at all. All my other systems have been crazy loud about mid 130s I'd guess. Been around enough of them to know what's what lol

sickdiesel978

Reaction score
Well I only run JL audio and I do stand by their tw10's they sound just as good maybe even better than the standard 10w3v3 I have 4 tw10's under my seat with 4 jl500/1v2 amps and it kills my truck. I don't have picture right now but I have a 2010 f350 super crew. I cut and welded a piece off the rear seat mount and made custom brackets. When I dig into it again I will post up pics

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Wow ... 4-500's that's gotta be stupid loud I've been out of the audio game for awhile this the first system I've done since about 06 and I'm happy with it(for now)

The Butcher

Reaction score
Yellow1000, are you putting the box behind the rear seat of the 6.7? I talked to my stereo guy yesterday and he said he could get a couple of those 13s behind the rear seat, but I kind of wanted to see it installed before I had him take a go at it. If that is what you are doing please post up some pics. Thanks!

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Honestly I think I'm gonna try for two vented under the rear seat. I've messed around with the sub in a few different boxes and it sounds amazing in a small spec vented box. I think I can make it fit under the rear seat based in the required air space.

The Butcher

Reaction score
Honestly I think I'm gonna try for two vented under the rear seat. I've messed around with the sub in a few different boxes and it sounds amazing in a small spec vented box. I think I can make it fit under the rear seat based in the required air space.

Are you going to take up the whole space under the seat, or just one side? I'd be willing to give up the passenger side, but not so much on the driver's side. I like to have flashlights, etc. under there for easy access without rolling around the cab of the truck. If it can fit behind the seat that is even better. I'm not doing anything to the factory mids/highs, so I think a small sealed behind the seat will probably add more than enough sound. At least as much as the factory mids/highs can hope to keep up with. I typically like the extra punch you get out of a small ported enclosure as well, but finding space for the port would be more difficult I would imagine. How are you going to arrange them under the seat?

Unfortunately I'm used to interior space of my Excursion, so storage solutions for all of the crap I tend to keep in a vehicle has been a bit of a trick to figure out going back to a pickup truck. I've got a full system in the Excursion, but the factory system in the new truck isn't totally horrible. A little extra in the form of bass would be nice though.

Latest posts

Members online