What could be causing this?

wajackson79

Reaction score
I have an 06 f350 with 129k on the ODO. Bought it 3 days ago. When looking it over the truck was very clean, no drips, no blow by, nothing. Looking under it all was as you would expect for a 13 yr old truck.

I drove the truck 1600 miles home and today climbed under to change oil and fuel filters. The picture below is looking up at cylinder 8 (drivers firewall). I don’t see any wet spots anywhere else on the block.

During my drive home I checked the oil level a few times and it didn’t seem to move, and it never puked any antifreeze. No puddles aside from AC condenser. What should I check first?

9aa2fc4d9e7ff37c9f198460eb7fe134.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check the cac boot at the turbo, as well as in the valley of the engine for leaks.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

wajackson79

Reaction score
I’m not familiar with a cac boot. Sorry, first turbo diesel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Blue boot connected to the outle of the turbo. Cac stands for charge air cooler. You'll either have 2 and a black plastic pipe, or 4 if you have the metal pipe on the drivers side. The one on the passenger side right at the turbo is extremely common to leak. They'll get a little cut in them, or just start to swap thru. Id say probably 70% of the oil leaks I fix, are that cac boot.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online