Found Dustin's Old Truck

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
another little update, videos are on facebook, but got to the track yesterday finally after a month of sitting.

with the spool jet we got the truck down the track 10.47@132

truck is getting closer thats for sure!

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Mark piloted the truck this weekend to a 10.2 @ 123mph blowing a boot with 100' feet left. Previous run was 10.5 @ 126 I believe. Getting there for sure!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well little update yet again.

after 3-4 passes with this truck consistently under 10.5 (couple 10.4 passes, 10.3 passes on a poor prepped track) we popped the head gasket in it.

decided to run to Cecil for the Pro street KING of Street race for kicks, and during a test pass the motor said no more. believe we have a piston issues, but truck is done for the season. with it Knocking on the doors of 9's we were hopping to get it to the 9s before the season ended for us, but well have all winter to make changes and get it ready for spring. This year was certainly a learning season and we are definitely more comfortable behind the wheel of the truck. I never thought when we first started building this truck that we would be disappointed with 10.50's passes, but now we are. great season thanks to everyone who helped along the way and if anyone knows me well enough you will know a broken truck doesn't stop me from rebuilding and pushing further! until 2018!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
well little update yet again.

after 3-4 passes with this truck consistently under 10.5 (couple 10.4 passes, 10.3 passes on a poor prepped track) we popped the head gasket in it.

decided to run to Cecil for the Pro street KING of Street race for kicks, and during a test pass the motor said no more. believe we have a piston issues, but truck is done for the season. with it Knocking on the doors of 9's we were hopping to get it to the 9s before the season ended for us, but well have all winter to make changes and get it ready for spring. This year was certainly a learning season and we are definitely more comfortable behind the wheel of the truck. I never thought when we first started building this truck that we would be disappointed with 10.50's passes, but now we are. great season thanks to everyone who helped along the way and if anyone knows me well enough you will know a broken truck doesn't stop me from rebuilding and pushing further! until 2018!
wow! thats a couple dam good passes!! congrats on those.. ****ty to hear about the motor... but that's just how it goes! lol..

what where your mph numbers?

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
GAY !!!

haha good start man, now handle yo biz during the off season .

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the past...did the sealant on the studs hold up and stop the coolant leak in the stud hole? What kind of damage did you find after round two? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online