6.4 exhaust on a 6.0

Sixleaker4

Reaction score
Like the title says I have a buddy getting rid of a 5 inch exhaust from his 6.4, will it bolt up to my 05 6.0?

Zeb

Reaction score
I did a filter back 6.4 exhaust on my 05 because I wanted the dual outlets behind the passengers side tire.
Nothing fit correctly.
By the time I got finished with it, and had it tucked up and in like it needs to be it would have been just as easy to build it from scratch.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
You’d be better off building it from scratch with a universal/builders kit.

Then again, a p1 exhaust is only a couple hundred bucks, you’re not gonna save that much building everything yourself.

Zeb

Reaction score
Is it just a matter of relocating hangers? or does it just not fit?

My biggest issues were the hangers were wrong, the tailpipes dropped the tips way too low, they also stuck out way too far, and the dual 3.5” over axle pipes didn’t fit nicely.
Just buy a 6.0 exhaust and be done.
I liked the dual tip look, and my single cab will get the same style, but I’ll build it myself instead of buying something and completely re-engineering it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
My biggest issues were the hangers were wrong, the tailpipes dropped the tips way too low, they also stuck out way too far, and the dual 3.5” over axle pipes didn’t fit nicely.

Just buy a 6.0 exhaust and be done.

I liked the dual tip look, and my single cab will get the same style, but I’ll build it myself instead of buying something and completely re-engineering it.

Yeah I put a 4” aftermarket 6.4 exhaust on an obs 7.3 a few years ago. Had to do some cutting an repositioning to get it to look right behind the axle.

I recently bought another 4” aftermarket 6.4 exhaust to put under the SD 7.3. It’s going to take fab work for sure but for what I gave for it, I couldn’t have bought all the individual bends and pieces to build one from scratch.

Zeb

Reaction score
Yeah I put a 4” aftermarket 6.4 exhaust on an obs 7.3 a few years ago. Had to do some cutting an repositioning to get it to look right behind the axle.

I recently bought another 4” aftermarket 6.4 exhaust to put under the SD 7.3. It’s going to take fab work for sure but for what I gave for it, I couldn’t have bought all the individual bends and pieces to build one from scratch.

I’ve got enough pieces now, all I’ll have to buy is the tips. LOL

Sixleaker4

Reaction score
My reason for asking is that I can get the system for next to nothing so i wasn't sure if it was worth my time to make it fit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.