SRP1.1 HPOP

ZF6_7.3

Reaction score
Building a 96 2wd for 650whp. I have a S475, built trans and plan on buying 300/200's. I really am trying to avoid running a dual HPOP set up. Ran across a SRP1.1 for a good deal. I know they had their issues but cant find much info on them.
Anyone have any experience running one?

Or does anyone know of another single hpop than can support 300/200s?

superpsd

Reaction score
No other single is likely to support that power level. The SRp was the only stock sized pump that had larger pistons and a larger piston block machined. Some SRP1.1s had issues. Kinda hit and miss. I bought a SRP1.1 and Dynoproven upgraded it to a Honey Badger SR before the owner went full crack head and the shop went under. Mine has never had an issue but my 7.3 just sits with occasional start up to keep it alive. There may be a shop capable of going thru the pump to give it a clean bill of health or you can roll the dice if it is a good running pump. You may be able to find a Billet SRP pump but those randomly come for sale once in a while. They also had 3 levels of the original billet pumps. Those have been out of production for a very long time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To me the SRP1.1 is a double edge sword. The performance is great but is the risk of failure and destroyed injectors worth it?
To bad the SRP ruined the billet Stealth I think it was great.
If I needed that kind of HPO today I would run a BTS (now Full Force) stacked pump set up with 2 15 degree HPOP’s.

hucorey

Reaction score
Building a 96 2wd for 650whp. I have a S475, built trans and plan on buying 300/200's. I really am trying to avoid running a dual HPOP set up. Ran across a SRP1.1 for a good deal. I know they had their issues but cant find much info on them.

Anyone have any experience running one?

Or does anyone know of another single hpop than can support 300/200s?
If you'd like it checked out and flow tested I can do that for you. I've rebuilt a few of them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kowboy

Reaction score
I installed a new SPR1.1 when I installed my Rosewood stage 2 injectors. It had problems from the start. The truck would run rough when hot and not start, checked everything, IPR, ICP and injectors. I could not make enough HPO to start when hot. I sent the pump back and was told there was nothing wrong with the pump. The returned pump would start the truck when hot, and it did run better when hot then before. Less then two years later and less then 10,000 miles I was having issues again. I could not make enough high pressure oil when hot to start the truck. upon digging further it was the pump again. I cut open my oil filter and it was full of brass. I talked to Jim at Rosewood Diesel and decided to send in another set of injectors to be rebuilt. I installed a
Adrenaline HPOP and have not had an issue in over 5 years.

When I had talked to Jim and told him the issue I was having and the HPOP I was running. He said:

" Those pumps are plain garbage and have been a complete nightmare for anyone selling or running them. You won't get in touch with him as hopefully he has fled the country by now. Yes, it's that bad. I am worried that the pump is coming apart and spitting brass into the oil and that could be messing up the injectors.
Have you looked at your oil filter lately to see if there's any brass in it?"

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.