Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 01-20-2021, 12:09 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Which caster bushings to buy?

I have death wobble on my 2017 f250. all stock.

I am planning on installing a 2.5" level, dual stabilizers, and a track bar drop bracket from ReadyLift. I'd like to get rid of the DW before I add the stabilizers, so I know it is gone, and not just covered up by the stabilizers. I notice MOOG has 2 part numbers, and one has more caster/camber than the other. How do I know which to order?

P/N K100309 has +2.30 Caster correction 0.5 Camber
P/N K100310 has +2.60 Caster correction 0.3 Camber

also ordered a MOOG Track bar bushing this morning, I plan on just replacing things step by step until I find the fix. thanks!
Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Has it always had death wobble? How many miles on the truck? Tie rod ends look good? Track bar bushings? Ball joints?

Look at the icon 2.5” coils that come with the casters. Pmf sells them for 425 I believe.

I used specialty suspension products caster in my 2002 swapped coil front end and I remember them being different from side to side.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I recently installed the Carli 2* caster shims on my stock 2019 because I had death wobble. Seemed to remedy the issue. Went ahead and also put on the PMF dual stabilizer kit as well. I plan to level like you once my stock tires wear out and all of the other potential problems parts will be addressed at that point.
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted4 View Post
Has it always had death wobble? How many miles on the truck? Tie rod ends look good? Track bar bushings? Ball joints?

Look at the icon 2.5 coils that come with the casters. Pmf sells them for 425 I believe.

I used specialty suspension products caster in my 2002 swapped coil front end and I remember them being different from side to side.

DW just began. truck has 166k on it. Everything seems fairly tight in the front end, without unbolting anything yet. Im hoping to hit it with some wrenches this weekend and see if i can find any worn parts.
Old Today, 09:36 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Then you have something that is in need of replacement, check the ball joints and steering components for excess play.