Newb with a shorty!

Boorail85

Reaction score
Hey guys. I figure I should make an introduction, since I finally own a PSD. Been working on them for years now however. Finally decided to get into one but was very picky. Made a Trade deal on my built Ligtning truck for a sweet, somewhat well known shorty truck.

this one:
http://www.earnhartbuilt.com/

Truck is only slightly different now than the original build. However, it is finally going to receive some performance to go along with the looks. Starting with some real tuning and doing away with the Quadzilla. The plan is S366SXE with some Dynamite 225/100s. Somewhere in the mid 600's will be good. It is and will be my DD, and still needs to tow my Cobra to the race track! Possibly even our 6.0 shorty race truck.

shorty%20harley_zpsfktcwuvy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sootie

Reaction score
Sweet truck...mind me asking what you paid for it?

Boorail85

Reaction score

I traded my lightning for it plus a few thousand. Lightning was worth at best $20k on a good day. Being that this truck is 41k original miles, documented, and full oem harley parts, I think I did pretty good.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Lol I was going to ask the same thing!!
I traded my lightning for it plus a few thousand. Lightning was worth at best $20k on a good day. Being that this truck is 41k original miles, documented, and full oem harley parts, I think I did pretty good.
Apparently you did get a good deal. The previous owner was on here a few months back acting like his d!ck drug the ground, claiming that he'd sold it for the HIGH 40's. He was a complete asshat. But don't worry, that was about 2 months before you ACTUALLY bought it...

Sharp truck though. Glad someone with some brains owns it now.

shmoozer

Reaction score

Apparently you did get a good deal. The previous owner was on here a few months back acting like his d!ck drug the ground, claiming that he'd sold it for the HIGH 40's. He was a complete asshat. But don't worry, that was about 2 months before you ACTUALLY bought it...

I thought that was the same truck. Glad my hunch was right lol. Really glad that someone with some brains owns it now.
OP great snag on a good looking truck. 225's and that 66 will be a blast. I'm doing 205's and the same turbo in my ECSB. Keep us posted on everything! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. Glad the new owner seems like a more standup guy than the previous was. Bunch of good guys around here that can steer you in the right way with any questions along the way of building that truck up.

Boorail85

Reaction score

I talked with that guy, it was on craigslist in Dallas. He was difficult to deal with and wouldn't make me a good enough deal. He sold it for low 20s to a guy who owns a small car lot somewhat local to me. I tracked it down and made the trade deal with him.

Welcome to the boards. Glad the new owner seems like a more standup guy than the previous was. Bunch of good guys around here that can steer you in the right way with any questions along the way of building that truck up.

Thank you sir. Luckily we do quite a bit of performance here, so I am familiar with a few good sources for parts/tunes/etc

Latest posts

Members online