VGT Compound Build

CATDiezel

Reaction score
do you have any idea why the fuel is getting so hot? i concur that adding the fuel cooler will help, but why is it so hot?

i mean this was never an issue on duel fueled six fours which moved quite a lot of fuel.

Dual fuelers. This is probably an issue with more than just you. There is alot of heat generated with a hpfp. And along with your big ol lpfp.

But. It may not be as bad as you think it is. I kinda doubt your at 140... I could be wrong tho!. Just making a guestamite.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Below a half tank the filters are almost too hot to touch, that's about as scientific as I've gotten with it.

I'm driving it to work tomorrow, I'll get a temp gun on the way home and see how hot it gets during my commute

DaCajun

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto View Post
Fwiw, this thing is absolutely nuts. On the one 1300us roll I was able to get the camera on the gauges.... Around 82psi/96ebp.... 1.17-1 total ratio, which is phenomenal with anything making 80+ psi of boost. Not no mention less than 1500*... It's got a retarded amount of power left in it... Gonna need some o-rings first though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When ya'll O'ring these, what head gaskets do you use???

Very, very nice build BTW!!! :rockon:

With no response to my question, I'm wondering is this suppose to be some top secret information??? I ask this question as I come from the high performance gas engine world, when O'ringing gas motors we usually use aftermarket copper head gaskets... So I was just kinda wondering is this how you guys go about this or is there something else available that you guys use in these situations???

And by all means if this is a touchy subject I can respect that, but at the very least please let it be known that's the case!!!

And thanks!!!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto View Post

Fwiw, this thing is absolutely nuts. On the one 1300us roll I was able to get the camera on the gauges.... Around 82psi/96ebp.... 1.17-1 total ratio, which is phenomenal with anything making 80+ psi of boost. Not no mention less than 1500*... It's got a retarded amount of power left in it... Gonna need some o-rings first though.

With no response to my question, I'm wondering is this suppose to be some top secret information??? I ask this question as I come from the high performance gas engine world, when O'ringing gas motors we usually use aftermarket copper head gaskets... So I was just kinda wondering is this how you guys go about this or is there something else available that you guys use in these situations???

And by all means if this is a touchy subject I can respect that, but at the very least please let it be known that's the case!!!

And thanks!!!

Morgan's a busy guy, he was posting in here to keep me up to date more than anything.

Pretty sure they're just stock gaskets.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
13be2c7c5b118699b4ea103a70302640.jpg

Half hour drive home, then let it idle in the driveway for 5 mins to see how heat soaked it would get.

Yikes.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I will be very interested in how much change (deltaT) you get across that setup.

Great job on not wasting anytime!!!

If you don't get the results your looking for when you do this, choke it down with a smaller section of hose or an orifice of some sort to slow the flow threw the cooler.

devdiesel

Reaction score
The cooler should fix your problem, mine did the exact same thing. Mounted a fuel and trans cooler in the bed. All of the factory fuel cooling system is gone, just runs through the bed cooler on its way back to the tank. No more issues
b5674256f18c6794eb2ee7f116882ab3.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yes sir, like said before, those dual hpfp's create/ return a lot of hot fuel

Oh I know they do....I have elites cooler system and its doing great. Although this setup in your bed looks killer. So cllleeaannnnn

Latest posts

Members online