No power

Reaction score
Decided it was time to get the obs out for the year since the weather started cooperating. So dead batterys alright. No big deal, threw the jumper cables on and noticed sparks (but more than normal) i thought nothing of it and about 10 seconds later my starter relay and glow plug relay started smoking and no i have no power to anything. No odometer, dash lights, dome light, nothing what so ever. I checked my fuses and none popped. Did i fry my pcm?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I dont think so. Jumped quitr a bit of vehicles but hate to say it i had to of hooked them up backwards..

mandkole

Reaction score
Check /replace the fuse links also. (I accidentally put a charger on backwards recently and it acted exactly the same way and I removed the cable immediately. )

Start chasing the primary power supply wiring. If you're lucky the surge didn't get to the pcm.

Reaction score
Ive never messed with fuse links. What am i looking for? Just seeing if there burnt up?

Arisley

Reaction score
It will look like a piece of wire that is burned in two. Insulation sometimes stays there, but usually when it does, it is blackened quite a bit.

Latest posts

Members online