6.7 Full Emission Tuning

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure how many guys on here tune and how many are just here to read but let's talk about 6.7 Emission compliant tuning.

So from what I can find most big companies are starting to do it. Has anyone actually put a tuned emission in tact truck through emission testing? This is not really talked about other then solely selling point. This post may change several different directions depending on input.

Who is doing it?
Duramax Tuner
DP-Tuner
ATP?
PPEI?
GDP?

Has anyone done a test on trucks to see actual power difference in ******** them vs. in tact? With this I mean REAL world numbers. Like just the ****** what is the ACTUAL power difference?

11-14?
15-16?
17-18?

The emissions world has come a long ways over even the last 3 years let alone the last 10 years. So I know many of you guys will disagree with me on this but I don't look at this newer emissions world being that much of an issue now that tuning has gotten better and equipment is flowing better. Fuel mileage is obviously in question too but that is so hard to do TRUE testing with as there are way too many variables in this so I do not wish to discuss this side of it in this post at least. Just true facts that can be backed and proven.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I did this search already.

Look for a thread with 'Calibrated Power' in it.
**edit found it: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?

They have emission on tuning that gets the same power level as diet tuning...according to their claims.

One of my bumper customers actually bought it, though I don't have much feedback yet.

Personally I'm just sick and tired of the stupid DEF tank, not being able to put a full bottle in until it overflows and the crappy mileage.

I work for an electric bus company now. Everything around there is about clean, battery, zero emissions, etc. Makes it kind of hard to diet, but...

Wish there was another answer as I do like 'burning clean', but I'm pretty much done with DEF and have made the decision to diet.

theyallbreak

Reaction score
I have been to lazy and busy to do a write up on this but so far i have tried
IDP
5star
Calibrated power
dp-tuner

Tired of spending money.

Calibrated power makes the most power but soot out put is unreal
dp-tuner and 5star for the least soot.

But hands down for power drive ability and the least MG/L of soot per mile is dp-tuner. I have the numbers. I would drive 200-300 miles and use the forscan to read MG/L produced and divide that into millage

Reaction score
Who is doing it?
Duramax Tuner
DP-Tuner
ATP?
PPEI?
GDP?

The sad part is we cannot make more power without being harder on the regen system. It is just a sad truth about this. Everyone wants to put "NEW" spins on what it helps and blah blah. But the simple fact is you cant make more power without being harder on the ***.

When we make more power what is the byproduct ??? HEAT and more heat gives off more NOX gasses. With more NOX gasses gives more particulates that it has to catch.

Unless the system is bigger in volume then we have no efficient way in doing so. My02

sootie

Reaction score
The sad part is we cannot make more power without being harder on the regen system. It is just a sad truth about this. Everyone wants to put "NEW" spins on what it helps and blah blah. But the simple fact is you cant make more power without being harder on the ***.

When we make more power what is the byproduct ??? HEAT and more heat gives off more NOX gasses. With more NOX gasses gives more particulates that it has to catch.

Unless the system is bigger in volume then we have no efficient way in doing so. My02
That being said, we had horribly unreliable emission systems in 08 at 350 HP and now have reasonably reliable systems at 440 HP

Reaction score
That being said, we had horribly unreliable emission systems in 08 at 350 HP and now have reasonably reliable systems at 440 HP

Yep other things also helped like a faster reacting ecm strategy along with a better tip in state in calibration and better more efficient design in piston and head swirl better helping promote more efficient burn.:rockon:

Reaction score
I have been to lazy and busy to do a write up on this but so far i have tried
IDP
5star
Calibrated power
dp-tuner

Tired of spending money.

Calibrated power makes the most power but soot out put is unreal
dp-tuner and 5star for the least soot.

But hands down for power drive ability and the least MG/L of soot per mile is dp-tuner. I have the numbers. I would drive 200-300 miles and use the forscan to read MG/L produced and divide that into millage

What tunes did you try and what power level were they? What year truck?

Reaction score
Making the power isn't an issue, What i'm curious on is how is urea consumption? Fuel Mileage? Are they turning it off solely, With that being done has any of them actually gone through emmission testing with them to see what all is the boundaries to pass?

Latest posts

Members online