Elbow Fuel Fitting to the heads?

Maniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Anyone have any good ideas as to what is a good replacement for the fuel elbows that connect to the back of the heads?

JCart

Reaction score
Any suggestions on specific dimensions, size, thread count etc. I’ve installed RiffRaff High pressure rail plugs in back of heads so I’m thinking NTP/AN for stock fuel location. Still assembling bits and pieces for the E fuel. Plan is to use Donalson P55800 with integral h2o separator filter, stock SD pump, Cat 1R-750 Post pump. These spin ons are same size/thread pitch etc. And will mount inside frame rail with pump as a module in front of fuel tank selector. Have regulator and was chewing on lines into the head and want to do.
Thank,
J

old man dave

Reaction score
The stock fuel fittings on the head is 1/8" NPT. So what you need is a NPT to AN-6 male fitting if you go to AN-6 lines, usually a hard 90* cast fitting. Select one that will clear the turbo. Some have used all four fuel rail fitting holes without using the fuel rail fitting on the firewall side of the head for more flow. (There is a second set of plugged holes at the front of the head).

If you want to change out the fuel rail plugs on the back of the head, you need a fuel rail plug to AN-6 adaptor fitting. Diesel Innovations may still sell this adaptor. To hook up to this fitting, you need a close 90* AN-6 male to AN-6 female sweep bend fitting. You then make up the AN-6 hose with a female fitting. The hard 90* cast fittings restrict flow.

Aeroquip is the only one who sells this fitting that will clear the firewall. The normal 90* wide sweep bend fittings do not clear the firewall. This close sweep bend fitting comes in aluminum and steel. Unfortunately, I can't find the part numbers for either fitting at this time.

If you use pushlock hose instead of AN hose, then several make the close sweep bend AN-6 female to male hose barb fitting.

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Old Man Dave you are the Dude..... ding ding ding... Thank you so much. Perfect timing too, have a young fella my son and I are giving a hand with swapping an SD engine into his OBS 4x4 CCLB. Feel for the guy as he’s had a bad experience from local shop and auto wreckers, trying to get a 96-97 7.3. This is his third engine and the last two were just junk... anyways this will help for sure thanks again.
j

Latest posts

Members online