Another leaking Radiator

F150orelse

Reaction score
Ok I’m done, second mishimoto leaks in less than 10k miles! Just ordered csf primary and secondary radiators. Hope this radiator will at least last 5 years

sootie

Reaction score
i would just do OEM. There is a reason they do plastic end tanks...

sootie

Reaction score
+1.

Please go on about the plastic tanks though
Flex is what kills these rads. Rigid aluminum have no give-hence the short lifespan. Those plastic end tanks flex a lot more than you think, they also expand/contract at a different rate than aluminum.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
10-4. Makes perfect sense. I do have an all aluminum rad in my IROC but that thing doesn't even build all that much cooling system psi

Jomax

Reaction score
On a replacement OEM for the last 60K miles....love it.

Lol did it had 50hp? Lol

In all seriousness. I know people complain about radiators but the OEM rad on my 2015 lasted till 125k miles when I traded it in.. zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Flex is what kills these rads. Rigid aluminum have no give-hence the short lifespan. Those plastic end tanks flex a lot more than you think, they also expand/contract at a different rate than aluminum.
The new style mishis have plenty of flex. They have the rubber top isolators like stock, but the actual 1in post that goes through the isolator is now rubber as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Lol did it had 50hp? Lol

In all seriousness. I know people complain about radiators but the OEM rad on my 2015 lasted till 125k miles when I traded it in.. zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 50hp, BUT OEM saved me a ton of $$$$ over that Misho crap.

I found the original one had a leak while conducting an inspection. Just enough of a leak to know it was leaking. As I said that was over 60k ago, 122k on the truck now running everyday, just back from a 2,000 mile run for vacation (and not the only one since the replacement) truck just asks for more.

NMSVT

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to just buy a damn stock radiator. My mishimoto crapper has leaked for awhile now! No time to swap and to do warranty is a PIA. I'll guess I'll go back to stock. Send it in and sell it hearing even the replacements leak.

F150orelse

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to just buy a damn stock radiator. My mishimoto crapper has leaked for awhile now! No time to swap and to do warranty is a PIA. I'll guess I'll go back to stock. Send it in and sell it hearing even the replacements leak.

Yep better off going with Oem.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I considered the mishi as Well when my OE cracked, until I got on here and did a little research that is haha. Ended up with another OEM rad since my factory one went to 114k if i get that out of this new one ill be happy

Latest posts

Members online