160/30 injectors real world reviews

dsberman94

Reaction score
My 250/200s don’t even haze at idle. Pretty fresh engine with a few thousand miles on it now but it starts like new. I let it sit for a few months last winter and through a week or so of singlet and negative digits. Walked out one day and decided to fire it up and it lit right off. Not plugged in for a trickle charger or block heater. The best part was no haze.

bigfords

Reaction score
Who's tuning? That's impressive. Mine will cloud up my driveway if there isnt any wind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The 170/100s in my dually would haze out the parking lot of the hotel i was staying at. Not plugged in.. in Minnesota when it was -26°.... maybe there was something wrong???

live life full throttle

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Well I got back to sricing with the new nozzles on the 175/80 pos injectors and so far so good. Put about 80-90 miles to today trying to work the air out and they seem to be working good. Going to be towing tomorrow with it so I will report back after that. I’m also trying some tunes from 1023 and they are far less Smokey then the power hungry tunes buuuuut the transmission strategy is lacking. With some revisions in that department I think I’ll be sticking with the 1023 tunes

Strokersace

Reaction score
The 170/100s in my dually would haze out the parking lot of the hotel i was staying at. Not plugged in.. in Minnesota when it was -26°.... maybe there was something wrong???

live life full throttle

They still are that way. In my driveway. In 40° weather! Still the same old tuning. Been too busy to mess with it!

TMCCOY

Reaction score
PHP has the best trans strategy but uses too much pulse width. I've run PHP, geerhead, 1023 and now jelibuilt. So far with apparently crummy PIS nozzles, jelibuilt seems to be the best. Trans still not as good as PHP though.

I take it you stuck with 80% nozzles?

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I might try some jelibuilt too? And I agree PHP had great transmission tuning. Best I have ran that’s for sure. And yes full force put all new nozzles in. Started this morning 24 degrees without an issue. Idle haze is about half what it was before replacing nozzles. I’m pleased with the results

dsberman94

Reaction score
Jelibuilt tunes is what I have. I like them. Pretty good for first time with no revisions. I wish the trans tuning had different shift point but I really can’t with the injectors and turbo or it’ll be a Smokey mess on our back roads.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
They still are that way. In my driveway. In 40° weather! Still the same old tuning. Been too busy to mess with it!
Yeah i figured. She needs more idle timing to cure that.. below 60° she will haze on first start up. Lol..

Fyi, dont ever do the ccv mod with the 38r in case you where thinking about it. Lol.. hazing at idle just made me think if that.

When are you going to make a coversion thread about the ole girl?

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yeah i figured. She needs more idle timing to cure that.. below 60° she will haze on first start up. Lol..

Fyi, dont ever do the ccv mod with the 38r in case you where thinking about it. Lol.. hazing at idle just made me think if that.

When are you going to make a coversion thread about the ole girl?

live life full throttle

Why not do the ccv mod?

Man I don’t know when I’ll get it done. I need to! Just haven’t. Haven’t really done anything to it except drive the snot out of it. It’s not even a daily driver (more like once per week) but I’ve already put 11k miles on it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Why not do the ccv mod?

Man I don’t know when I’ll get it done. I need to! Just haven’t. Haven’t really done anything to it except drive the snot out of it. It’s not even a daily driver (more like once per week) but I’ve already put 11k miles on it.
Pushes oil out the seals of the turbo at idle. Makes it haze out the exhaust. The 38r is very very sensitive to that. Not just that one. Most 38r do it. I already tried it when i first put that one on there.

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
Pushes oil out the seals of the turbo at idle. Makes it haze out the exhaust. The 38r is very very sensitive to that. Not just that one. Most 38r do it. I already tried it when i first put that one on there.

live life full throttle

Gotcha. That I didn’t know

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Well I towed with the new nozzles and with the same tune and new nozzles and the same load egts are down along with more useable power. The PHP tunes i was running are still Smokey under heavy acceleration but a lot more lively.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
So overall I’m very pleased with the results of these new nozzles. Sad part is they shoulda been this way from the beginning. I think PIS used el cheapo nozzles. DUMB

cjfarm111

Reaction score
That I do not know? I did ask what kinda nozzles were in the injectors originally and they could not confirm the brand or type. All they could tell me is that they were worn out at 31,000 miles. I change oil every 3,300 miles and fuel filters on my irate fuel system every 10,000 miles. Also every tank of fuel gets a small bottle of stanydyne fuel additive.

superpsd

Reaction score
I bought my nozzles thru PIS years back. They are Redat nozzles I was sold. Redat is used by most of the builders and injector part sellers. Some builders may use local shops to make nozzles but this I am unsure of. DDP makes EH nozzles but the two sizes they offer are smaller nozzles. They rate them differently and if I recall they are comparable to like a 20% and a 40%.They are also expensive.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Didn’t want you guys to think I was lying. This is 26* oil 28* ambient at high idle. Ccv isn’t even puffing.
3b6e1a5217cfea619e2550c6681a3c76.jpg

Latest posts

Members online