FFD Rail System

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
On the subject of this thread...

I need to get my OBS back in shape. It has been cutting out at WOT.

I'm 99% that it's electrical, but when I get on top of it I think I'll throw these in and see if there's any difference. The 160/stock's and the ADR in it have about 90k on them now.

Should be a noticeable difference.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Mine kinda did that. Could be your CPS or the pigtail or your boost fooler.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Copied the review on FFD website

The FFD oil rail system works flawlessly. I was a bit sceptical at first but it definitely does what they say it does. Throttle response is much quicker and smoother, it also gets rid of the jumpy throttle when you stomp on it and then let off....It pairs quite nicely with my Full Force 180/30 injectors. Installation was fairly simple. Thanks Full Force for another great product

Swaan

Reaction score
Lol....

Mmmmmmm ya they work so good but only 1 review. Looks fishy.

superpsd

Reaction score
FFD yet to come back with data cricket cricket. KC was testing them, motor blew up and that was months and months ago cricket cricket. Strickly installed them almost 3 months ago and no response cricket cricket. Here's my take and swinging guess. The one's that actually installed them found out its another feel good gimmick part that doesn't work. The ones who installed them are names in the 7.3 world that do not want to come back and call out a company who's bogus product does not work. Want to really test these? Here is a test. Install some B code injectors. The oil hungriest injector available. Heck make it a B code Split shot with 200% nozzles. Stock Hpop make it a 15° Then adjust PW in the calibration until ICP can not keep up with ICP desired. Data log ICP and make several dyno runs and take video of the tailpipe for opacity. Then install magic tubes and repeat tests.

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
Yup , perty much exactly what I said 165 posts ago.
It's a crock of ****

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Sorry, we are out for the testing.

We blew the motor up... ended up being a crazy issue related to the CPS. It crapped out on the dyno and sputtered during a hard dyno pull. The hard shock bent a few rods. Rebuilt the motor and got it all back together and kept eating cam sensors (ford, oreilly, etc). Ended up finding out we had a 1995 cover on it and it has a slightly different clearance for the cam sensor. We ended up shimming the cam sensor a little and fixed all the issues. I guess international even sells a cam sensor clearance tool and shim kit... never heard of that before.

WELL... during the down time trying to figure out what was going on... James ended up driving a 6.7psd and it was over for him. He threw in the towel and sold the 7.3 after blowing the motor 4 times over stupid "rare" issues. He picked up a super nice 2012 king ranch for a smoking deal.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sorry, we are out for the testing.

We blew the motor up... ended up being a crazy issue related to the CPS. It crapped out on the dyno and sputtered during a hard dyno pull. The hard shock bent a few rods. Rebuilt the motor and got it all back together and kept eating cam sensors (ford, oreilly, etc). Ended up finding out we had a 1995 cover on it and it has a slightly different clearance for the cam sensor. We ended up shimming the cam sensor a little and fixed all the issues. I guess international even sells a cam sensor clearance tool and shim kit... never heard of that before.

WELL... during the down time trying to figure out what was going on... James ended up driving a 6.7psd and it was over for him. He threw in the towel and sold the 7.3 after blowing the motor 4 times over stupid "rare" issues. He picked up a super nice 2012 king ranch for a smoking deal.
Lol.. yep. Cam sensor hiccup at wot running a buck 20 down the road will do that also!! Lol.. did that in the ole dually ine night. Blew the left front and right reer corners of the head gaskets out simultaneously.. ultimately finding out later on down the line that the rods where bent too..

Yep.. there is and always has been a shim and and clearance tool..

If there was a money back guarantee or if someone wanted to throw aome money in the pot. Id find a 7.3 to try them on and debunk all this.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
There is nothing to debunk. Can't argue with physics. It plain and simple is a bogus ploy to make money in the aftermarket diesel world. It ranks right up there with changing your hpop res oil.

The simple fact that after 170 posts later and months and months go by nobody has come forth with any proof otherwise proves this. But yet people want to believe and hope unicorns , rainbows and lollipops are going to start coming falling out of the sky . It's a 7.3 people, it needs high pressure oil in volume and pressure. Making the oil route to injectors smaller isn't going to make the pump make more volume or pressure.

gwunter

Reaction score
Don't have a dog in the fight, but why would FFD risk their reputation on this? They had to have known scrutiny would follow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
Here's my take on it.........

They probably did some testing and found that icp was up and less codes were thrown for low icp. So they thought they had the 7.3 version of curing cancer.

In reality they got those results from the new restrictions in the oil rail.

No one yet has posted dyno #s or track times to prove they are doing what they claim?

They prematurely put these rails out on there site with out doing more testing thinking that the data they had was enough.

Honestly I do think there has been more testing done but no one wants to come forth with the results because it would confirm what we have thought all along. And if the results were in their favor we would have had them long ago!

dsberman94

Reaction score
I’m still curious to see what would happen if you tried using them with a 400/400 injector. If there would be enough oil in the rails to run them efficiently at a high rpm. And if there was if you’d still need a big twin hpop setup or if you could get away with an adrenaline.

Reaction score
Any of you guys like to gamble, how about we make a bet out of this.

There will be 2 teams, one for and one against. Doesn't matter how many is on each cause the total bet will be divided between the teammates. Each team puts up $600 so $1200 total. First we would have to put the money in the pot.

The tricky part is to find someone with 400/400 and a twin hpop system using an adrenaline. Also he would need some base numbers with the current setup so we keep the variances to a minimum. Then the guy needs be willing to put in the rails and use the adrenaline by its self. Then dyno his truck.

The bet is weather or not the truck makes about the same power lets say within 30 hp. Doesn't matter if the tuning needs to be changed because if someone is building a new setup the tuning would be different. Also we're going from two pumps to one so that may take some tuning changes.

The team that wins gets there their money back ($600). The guy who is willing to do this will get free rails and the $300 left over to help pay for tuning and or the dyno run. Of coarse the losing team will not get anything besides all the heckling that will proceed afterwards.

I have access to a dyno for cheap maybe even free if I can talk the owner in to it. The only problem is its located in the southwest and I presume most of you guys are back east.

Also I'm up to any other variants of a bet as long as it keeps the bet as fair as possible.

Lets stop arguing like a bunch a school girls and put some skin in the game and make this happen.

Swaan

Reaction score
It's not going to be a fair comparison if your switching pumps and doing all kinds tune changes now is it.

I like your thinking but the only real way to compare would to take a truck with b codes and/or any oil hungry injector running an adrenaline or any single hpop. Now do back to back dyno runs only swapping in the rail restrictions. That would tell the story plain and simple. With no other factors skewing the results.

Reaction score
With your idea the tune would need to be changed cause the truck would run out of icp before you make any real power. Although I guess that would be the point!

Reaction score
So if we did it your way what would we be betting? What if the truck doesn't hold icp but makes more power with the rails in? Or holds icp longer than without?

Latest posts

Members online