• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Competition 7.3L Compound Turbo Kit

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Completely custom, one off, compound turbo kit. This kit started life on the Wide Open Performance OBS (white with silver flames), moved to the Wide Open Lightning (before the triples) then I purchased it for my race truck build. The turbochargers are custom pieces from Pius at Bell Turbo. The big (atmosphere) charger was rebuilt by about 10 passes ago (also got a smaller turbine housing at that time...I do have both housings). The small (high pressure) charger was rebuilt and updated with a billet compressor wheel about 10 passes ago.

The exhaust piping includes a TurboSmart 50mm wastegate on the high pressure charger and a TurboSmart 40mm wastegate on the atmosphere charger. The exhaust piping was originally built on an OBS, the billet "wedge" in the picture was added to lower the atmosphere charger to fit under the hood of a Super Duty. The hood stacks (main and wastegate) from my race truck are included.

The charge pipes are setup to be run with no intercooler. The Y pipe into the engine has multiple 1/8" ports for MAP sensor, data logger sensor, etc. There are also 1/8" ports in the bottom legs for water injection nozzles if desired. The Y pipe also has a TurboSmart blow off valve that I controlled with a solenoid valve and used to control how much boost the truck made when staging (to keep from pushing me out of the beams). If you use this on an OBS truck (without the "wedge"), the charge tube from the atmosphere charger to the high pressure charger will need to be modified due to the big charger being mounted in a different location.

The high pressure turbo mount is from Hypermax. The passenger side uppipe is normal Hypermax and always worked great. The driver side uppipe was updated to the Hypermax HD piece with the slip joint, but the stupid donut still leaked so we cut it off and put the bellowed section in. It didn't leak after that. These uppipes can be used with stock manifolds or the Swamps/BAE headers (neither included).

I included some installed/assembled pictures of the setup in my race truck as well.

Please note, I don't feel that this turbo setup would be good for a street driven truck unless it is really more of a competition toy that you occasionally drive. If you are running big injectors and want to run nitrous, this is your setup. With 400/400 injectors and the wastegates not yet setup, these made 120psi on the first pass off the trailer. I pulled the nozzles back to 200% and adjusted the gates and regularly ran around 80psi. The big charger wants big injectors, get it to 25-30psi and you've got an easy 85-100psi setup without breaking a sweat (and the sound from the big charger will turn heads from across the track).

Here is a list of everything included (and not included):

Included:

Atmosphere Turbo (compressor is about 120mm, never officially measured)

High Pressure Turbo (72mm Bell KASB)

HyperMax Valley Turbo Mount

Custom Atmosphere Turbo Mount

All Piping Shown

Both Wastegates

Oil Pan with Atmosphere Turbo Drain

In a nutshell, everything on the table in the pictures

Not Included:

Oil Feed Hose for Big Charger (unless I figure out where it went)

Headers or Exhaust Manifolds

If it isn't on the table in the pictures...it isn't included

PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK QUESTIONS. I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER THEM. LET ME STATE RIGHT NOW THAT I DO NOT KNOW ANY MORE DETAILED SPECS ON THE TURBOS THAN WHAT IS POSTED HERE. PIUS DOESN'T PUBLISH THAT STUFF AND I RESPECTED THAT AND NEVER TRIED TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT. I PURCHASED THIS SETUP FROM THE WOP TRUCK BECAUSE IT WORKED...NOT BECAUSE THE NUMBERS AND SOME CALCULATIONS TOLD ME TO.

Asking $4500 + Freight

This is a personal sale so I will need cash, cashiers check, PayPal or some other similar electronic funds transfer (Facebook, Zelle, whatever we work out). I prefer not to eat "fees" if we use an electronic transfer.

Attachments

• DW-1908-DRAG-01.JPG
    DW-1908-DRAG-01.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 216
  • DW-1908-DRAG-10.jpg
    DW-1908-DRAG-10.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 204
  • DW-1908-DRAG-11.jpg
    DW-1908-DRAG-11.jpg
    805.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DW-1908-DRAG-14.jpg
    DW-1908-DRAG-14.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1727.jpg
    IMG_1727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 191

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Last batch of pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    734.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 118

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
That’s an amazing price for all the work that went into this.
Good luck with the sale!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks! To be honest, I think it's an amazing price for just the chargers considering how well they work. With 200% nozzles and a 15:1 engine, lighting them was pretty easy. With a full compression setup and typical 400% "race" injectors...the gates would be working for sure.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Waaaaayyyyyyyyy too much for what I'm building now. The KASB high pressure turbo might have worked, but I'm keeping this build "simple". I've got another toy if I want to go stupid fast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.