00 Excursion 7.3 P1670 only Help!

Arnoldb.1

Reaction score
Yeah was thinking the same, possible bad chip or connection. I have pics of my pcm on my phone but I don’t know how to post them. I sent gear head a data log and talked to them and asked if the file was bad they said it was fine and fuel desired was correct. Going to test drive today without chip still and see if throws the code.

Arnoldb.1

Reaction score
Test drove today, no hydra, 1670 code still came back. Going to send PCM, IDM, and hydra chip to get test

dsberman94

Reaction score
Sounds like the chip is ok then. Idm can get water inside it. I’d find one you can swap in to test whether that’s the issue.

Arnoldb.1

Reaction score
Sent PCM IDM and Hydra chip to Diesel Tech of Chattanooga and he tested all 3. He said the PCM and IDM are in really good shape and a ok. He did say he had to solder the PCM to test the hydra chip, but after that checked out fine. Everything is headed back to me so I reinstall see if there are any changes with PCM connections soldered. He told me not to worry about the P1670 soft code as long as the truck is starting and running fine.

Arnoldb.1

Reaction score
Well, got it figured out and fixed. Pulled the turbo off and found the Turbomaster mechanical Wastegate had twisted and was binding the Wastegate lever on the housing. I straighten it all out got it functioning like it should and the power came back. I also found my alternator was bad and it killed my batteries and the alternator power wire was bad as well, I got a new 160amp alternator, replaced the wire, new starter relay, and warranties the batteries and it’s running very strong now, boost comes in hard and fast with the upgrades done on the turbo.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, got it figured out and fixed. Pulled the turbo off and found the Turbomaster mechanical Wastegate had twisted and was binding the Wastegate lever on the housing. I straighten it all out got it functioning like it should and the power came back. I also found my alternator was bad and it killed my batteries and the alternator power wire was bad as well, I got a new 160amp alternator, replaced the wire, new starter relay, and warranties the batteries and it’s running very strong now, boost comes in hard and fast with the upgrades done on the turbo.
That is great bud!!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online