205/30 T4 s369 vs s364.5

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I ran the 366 and the 364. The 364/366 with the same turbine spool up very similar to each other with a slight advantage tot he 364 but we're talking very close.

After spooling up, the 364 is much more responsive to the throttle but lacks the mid range and top end of the 366. In towing, the 366 I found to be very good with this advantage as you're pretty much always spooled while towing. I changed to the 364 after moving to high elevation and the crummy PIS nozzles that are smokey and trying to get some DD improvement.

I was on the fence about getting a 366 sxe...

superpsd

Reaction score
Switched to an 11+0 compressor wheel in my S366. To me it feels like it spools at a lower RPM over the 6+6 I was running. Cheaper than a new turbo.

That is typically normal for a turbo. The more blades improve air flow at lower compressor speeds but a compressor wheel with less blades will out flow at higher speeds.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I ran the 366 and the 364. The 364/366 with the same turbine spool up very similar to each other with a slight advantage tot he 364 but we're talking very close.

After spooling up, the 364 is much more responsive to the throttle but lacks the mid range and top end of the 366. In towing, the 366 I found to be very good with this advantage as you're pretty much always spooled while towing. I changed to the 364 after moving to high elevation and the crummy PIS nozzles that are smokey and trying to get some DD improvement.

I have quite a few heavy towing miles on my setup, 238/100s and 366sxe, 1.0 housing if I remember right. Mines even a 6 speed. Still wouldn't change a thing. I've thought about it, but then I drive it and remember why it's a good setup. It's quite responsive empty as well, but a dream to tow with. Even grossing 25k (scale verified). Yes you can make it smoke, but it's very easy not to also. I cant imagine how fun this setup would be with an auto. I tow in my second hottest ge@rhead tune, which is the same that I drive empty with. The hottest tune is just for being dumb. I dont use any other tune, ever. I feel the 366 often gets overlooked because it's so close the the other two, but I couldn't be happier with it. You really have to work to get egts above 1250.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
With 238/100's I would believe the 366 is a better match, probably the 369 would be a good match also. The .91 housing does improve responsiveness too FWIW.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
With 238/100's I would believe the 366 is a better match, probably the 369 would be a good match also. The .91 housing does improve responsiveness too FWIW.

Im of the belief that I like low back pressure. I did extensive testing when I first put the turbo on, and it doesnt exceed 1:1 up to 40 psi. And it cleans everything up on top. So I dont think it can get much better. Unless I did a smaller housing with a custom gate.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Well, gave my 364.5 the best test that it’s had so far. I towed my 10-11k cargo trailer from Columbus, GA to Metropolis, IL today. When I went up Monteagle, which is about a 5.5 mile 6% grade, I maintained 75 mph in overdrive and never went over 1150*. Pulled between 28-32 psi most all the way. Pulled with absolute ease. Slightly cooler than my BASB use to make the pull (it would touch over 1200* at times) but definitely more go power. Great set up for towing.

Zeb

Reaction score
Well, gave my 364.5 the best test that it’s had so far. I towed my 10-11k cargo trailer from Columbus, GA to Metropolis, IL today. When I went up Monteagle, which is about a 5.5 mile 6% grade, I maintained 75 mph in overdrive and never went over 1150*. Pulled between 28-32 psi most all the way. Pulled with absolute ease. Slightly cooler than my BASB use to make the pull (it would touch over 1200* at times) but definitely more go power. Great set up for towing.

Monteagle is a tough pull. I’ll be going over it tomorrow, and twice on Friday with my semi.

Copperhead

Reaction score

This is great to hear !!

I only have 160/30's in my OBS rig,.....BUT,........ a T-4 swap with a 364.5 is the last piece of the puzzle that I want/need for my Tow-Rig.

Looking at getting a 28' (12k) Enclosed Car Hauler in the very near future,.....and I'm gonna need all the help I can get,... here in the hills of East KY. ;)

INFRNL

Reaction score
I'm glad there has been new info added on this thread.

I've been really busy so I haven't done much since my last posts. I think I got tmcmcoys 366sxe and just got it put in yesterday. I took it for a quick drive today. It spools a little quicker than the 369sxe but not a huge difference.

I think with my setup it will do better than the 369sxe but I'm thinking about trying the 364.5sx3 as well because I'm starting to tow more. I don't like the 369sxe for towing but it's great for fun. My Pius LASB Is a better turbo for towing and spooling (not sure how it compares to a BASB)

Where i live all these turbos have too much lag for my taste. I'm currently running a . 91ar exhaust housing because I was told it would help with spooling at higher elevation but i want to play with a 1.0 housing (i think that's the largest for the 300 series sxe turbos). My LASB i believe has a 1.10 ar housing.

I know a 364.5 sxe is probably too small for 250/100s but if it's slightly better than a BASB, which should be better than my LASB, i should be good. I currently have to play with an LASB, 369 sxe and a 366 sxe.

Ever since I went t4 and 250/100s I've lost 2-3mpg and egts suck. I have tunes from PHP, Beans/no limit, gh, sdk, 1023, powerstruck? And curtis frost(pocket) when he was trying to help me yrs ago. Nobody has been able to get my truck right but latest toons from gh, sdk, 1023 have slight improvement in certain areas. I'm honestly thinking of going with a different injector. Sadly I bought the same injectors for my 76 project truck... should have tried 250/200s or something different than fullforce. I have haze at idle and strong eye burning fumes, but that's a different story

Anyway, thanks to all for all the new info.

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I'm glad there has been new info added on this thread.

I've been really busy so I haven't done much since my last posts. I think I got tmcmcoys 366sxe and just got it put in yesterday. I took it for a quick drive today. It spools a little quicker than the 369sxe but not a huge difference.

I think with my setup it will do better than the 369sxe but I'm thinking about trying the 364.5sx3 as well because I'm starting to tow more. I don't like the 369sxe for towing but it's great for fun. My Pius LASB Is a better turbo for towing and spooling (not sure how it compares to a BASB)

Where i live all these turbos have too much lag for my taste. I'm currently running a . 91ar exhaust housing because I was told it would help with spooling at higher elevation but i want to play with a 1.0 housing (i think that's the largest for the 300 series sxe turbos). My LASB i believe has a 1.10 ar housing.

I know a 364.5 sxe is probably too small for 250/100s but if it's slightly better than a BASB, which should be better than my LASB, i should be good. I currently have to play with an LASB, 369 sxe and a 366 sxe.

Ever since I went t4 and 250/100s I've lost 2-3mpg and egts suck. I have tunes from PHP, Beans/no limit, gh, sdk, 1023, powerstruck? And curtis frost(pocket) when he was trying to help me yrs ago. Nobody has been able to get my truck right but latest toons from gh, sdk, 1023 have slight improvement in certain areas. I'm honestly thinking of going with a different injector. Sadly I bought the same injectors for my 76 project truck... should have tried 250/200s or something different than fullforce. I have haze at idle and strong eye burning fumes, but that's a different story

Anyway, thanks to all for all the new info.

Just FYI... the BASB and LASB turbos have tiny turbine wheels with larger a/r housings. Very similar to the 68mm wheel found in the s362sxe.

The s364.5, 366, and 369 have a much larger turbine wheel... which seem to like the smaller a/r housings.

If you add a big turbine wheel and larger a/r housing together... it will increase lag.

INFRNL

Reaction score
Just FYI... the BASB and LASB turbos have tiny turbine wheels with larger a/r housings. Very similar to the 68mm wheel found in the s362sxe.

The s364.5, 366, and 369 have a much larger turbine wheel... which seem to like the smaller a/r housings.

If you add a big turbine wheel and larger a/r housing together... it will increase lag.

Okay, thanks...I think my thought was if there was only a small increase in lag but better for egts; it might be worthwhile.

I know I'm not going to get rid of the lag, i will always have more than i want with these injectors/setup. I remember when I finally got my truck dialed in after my trip to BTS. Stock injectors, TS 6pos(hydra wasn't out yet), turbonetics bb turbo (i think It was bb)... Finally got 14-15mpg in town (f350 4x4 CCLB dually) 17-18 hwy, zero lag (never felt any, just took off). No egt issues after i left dp tuner for php tunes. I live at 6500ft in elevation.

Everything was great except i hung out on the forums too long and decided I wanted more power and to make my truck faster... Been a nightmare ever since (around 2012) but it's definitely fairly quick/fun, just not practical in certain ways.

I got a little more time with the 366sxe. It definitely doesn't feel as strong as the 369 overall but lag from stop or cruising around 55-60mph seems to be better. Seems to keep the roads a little clearer unless I'm being stupid, but the 366 seems to clear up faster (i think)

At this point, the 366 might be ok in my zf6 project but the 364.5 might be better, idk.

I already bought the t4 kit for it, might have been better just to do up pipes and your kc drop-in (not available yrs ago when I built my dually) i do like the t4 as turbo changes are cheaper and still reletively quick though.

I'm glad you started all this testing and shared with us, along with other members input/experiences. Thanks for that:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online