• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Bean's D66 Turbo for 94-97 OBS 7.3

jjsalz

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I am selling a Bean's Diesel Performance D66 Turbo w/ Billet Compressor Wheel. It has the 1.0 A/R housing and comes with the non-EBPV pedestal. I ran the turbo on my 1997 OBS and absolutely loved it. I ran it with 200/100 injectors from Full Force, and it was a great combination. The reason I am selling the turbo is because I upgraded to a compound turbo kit and some other goodies, so this isn't needed anymore. The turbo has no more than 750 miles on it. Zero shaft play and the turbo looks practically unused. I painted the exhaust housing with VHT primer and topcoat for protection.

I will be posting pictures up this evening. I am asking $500 for it, and this would include shipping. Any questions at all about the turbo or if there is more info that I may have missed please let me know.

Thanks!

John S.

jjsalz

Reaction score
Pictures linked below

See the pictures posted below of the D66 turbo:

Attachments

• D66_pic1.jpg
    D66_pic1.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 88
  • D66_pic2.jpg
    D66_pic2.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 90
  • D66_pic3.jpg
    D66_pic3.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 81
  • D66_pic4.jpg
    D66_pic4.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 84
  • D66_pic5.jpg
    D66_pic5.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 83

Blue 7.3

Reaction score
Hi John,

Can you tell us your thoughts on this turbo? I'm trying to decide which one I should go with and am considering this or the KC turbo.What supporting mods would you need in order to run this turbo at its peak performance? Whats the max boost pressures you've seen? And what injectors did you use?

jjsalz

Reaction score
Hi John,

Can you tell us your thoughts on this turbo? I'm trying to decide which one I should go with and am considering this or the KC turbo.What supporting mods would you need in order to run this turbo at its peak performance? Whats the max boost pressures you've seen? And what injectors did you use?

Yes of course. I was very satisfied with this turbo. The goal I had for my truck, in the beginning, was to have around 400 hp to the wheels, solid response times on the street (reduced turbo lag), and better-than-stock EGT management. The D66 delivered on all of those. Another requirement I had at the time of purchase was a stock drop-in replacement solution. I didn't want to have to piece together a T4 flange upgrade kit or do the up-pipes, simply because I didn't have the time or desire to do so.

The injectors in my truck are 205cc/100% hybrids from Full Force Diesel. I chose the 100% over because I wanted more freedom in the tuning for future upgrades. I didn't want to go any bigger than that because I wasn't trying to build a hotrod or drag/pulling truck, I just wanted to have much better performance on the street and cooler EGT's while towing. I haven't ran the hottest tune for as long as I've done the mods. I just don't have a need to run the truck that hot and I am more than satisfied with the performance from the lesser tunes. The D66 would build 40 psi of boost in seconds with the hotter tunes, truck only, no load behind it. I know the turbo was capable of more because I never floored it. I didn't have performance head studs/rods/springs/gaskets so I didn't ever let it go higher than 40 psi. Just driving around and cruising I noticed maybe 2-3 psi more boost over stock, which I really liked because the stock turbo was a little laggy for my liking. The hybrids I chose and the D66 were a great combo for what I wanted at the time, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending that combo to others with the same goals.

In my constant quest for performance though, I had to explore a compound turbo setup and that's what I have now. If you have any other questions feel free to ask here or PM me. Thanks!

Petro

Reaction score
If you still have this charger in a month i may take it off your hands as ill be needing one for my 95. I am curious on the compound kit that you used, who kit and what size are the chargers? Feel free to pm me if you dont want to derail your for sale thread.

jjsalz

Reaction score
Still have the turbo for sale guys. This would make a great addition to a tow rig or street truck. Still have all the receipts for it from Bean's, heck of a deal at $500 shipped. Thanks!

jjsalz

Reaction score
You gonna share info on your compound turbo setup with us?

Of course I can, I'll start a new thread for that. I probably should have started it a while ago to get more input from you guys who actually know what you're doing lol

Thanks for the input!

jjsalz

Reaction score
Bump to the top. Turbo is still available guys. If anyone would like more pics/information just let me know. This is a great deal for a drop-in performance turbo. Thanks!

John S.

Latest posts

Members online