7.3 Ported and Polished heads

hucorey

Reaction score
I figured I'd fill anyone interested in on a big project I've been working on and have finally got these custom ported and polished 7.3L heads over to a friend's to have them flowed. Using a Superflow SF300 flow bench set at 28"w.c., with a stock cam profile intake lift, these showed a 44cfm increase, and with a .550 lift, the flowed 54cfm more than the stock heads. Stock heads were tapped out on flow at 132cfm regardless of cam intake lift, so this tells us why it's so easy to hit fairly high boost numbers because of the stock intake runner being so restrictive. Next is to get some more base line Dyno results from the shop truck and then swap these heads on a see what kind of improvements we get.

I need to get my 230/100 injectors freshened up before I get the heads on too before I hit the dyno. I've got a couple that are missing when it's cold.

So the set up is going to be my shop truck.
230/100 injectors
KC38R turbo (has the s300 turbine wheel)
******** stage1 cam
Comp Cams 910 springs shimmed to 125-130 seat pressure
Manton series 3 .095 wall pushrods
AirDog II 4G fuel pump
CNC Fab fuel system
Older Stealth SRP 1.1 HPOP

Yes I build hoops, but this testing is irrelevant on brand of HPOP. Lol
573393fb0def0ba05e194487c71dc755.jpg
485d0e32f054e30d7a221b6a1dda8173.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Will be nice to see your results. Have you considered having them build you a new set of injectors based on Alliant sticks over refreshed injectors with clapped out poppet valves/seats? These were hand ported or CNC ported? Nothing wrong with the SRP1.1 as far as size. Nothing beats its displacement in a stock pump size.

hucorey

Reaction score
Will be nice to see your results. Have you considered having them build you a new set of injectors based on Alliant sticks over refreshed injectors with clapped out poppet valves/seats? These were hand ported or CNC ported? Nothing wrong with the SRP1.1 as far as size. Nothing beats its displacement in a stock pump size.

The clapped out poppet valves/seats can be fixed. These were indeed hand ported. I have been happy with the SRP. The back o-ring is very very slightly leaking, but its nothing Im concerned about.

Did they leave the swirl intact?

Yes, swirl was indeed left in tact. The guy who flow bench tested them has been doing Lingenfelter's head P&P and design work for 35 years and he has some very interesting clientele that comes to his house too. He said they they look very well done and definitely didn't do anything stupid. A good friend of mine out in California did them.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
The clapped out poppet valves/seats can be fixed. These were indeed hand ported. I have been happy with the SRP. The back o-ring is very very slightly leaking, but its nothing Im concerned about.

Yes, swirl was indeed left in tact. The guy who flow bench tested them has been doing Lingenfelter's head P&P and design work for 35 years and he has some very interesting clientele that comes to his house too. He said they they look very well done and definitely didn't do anything stupid. A good friend of mine out in California did them.
Can you spread a little info on who did the porting? Im in Cali too :D

Countrycar

Reaction score
I figured I'd fill anyone interested in on a big project I've been working on and have finally got these custom ported and polished 7.3L heads over to a friend's to have them flowed. Using a Superflow SF300 flow bench set at 28"w.c., with a stock cam profile intake lift, these showed a 44cfm increase, and with a .550 lift, the flowed 54cfm more than the stock heads. Stock heads were tapped out on flow at 132cfm regardless of cam intake lift, so this tells us why it's so easy to hit fairly high boost numbers because of the stock intake runner being so restrictive. Next is to get some more base line Dyno results from the shop truck and then swap these heads on a see what kind of improvements we get.

I need to get my 230/100 injectors freshened up before I get the heads on too before I hit the dyno. I've got a couple that are missing when it's cold.

So the set up is going to be my shop truck.
230/100 injectors
KC38R turbo (has the s300 turbine wheel)
******** stage1 cam
Comp Cams 910 springs shimmed to 125-130 seat pressure
Manton series 3 .095 wall pushrods
AirDog II 4G fuel pump
CNC Fab fuel system
Older Stealth SRP 1.1 HPOP

Yes I build hoops, but this testing is irrelevant on brand of HPOP. Lol
573393fb0def0ba05e194487c71dc755.jpg
485d0e32f054e30d7a221b6a1dda8173.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hey Corey, just wondering if you've managed to complete this installation as well as any information you can share with us with here.

Latest posts

Members online