C&C vs Pickup Difference

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at ordering a 20' or 21' F350 or F450, and I'm debating on getting a Cab and Chassis because they are a bit cheaper, and I build flatbeds quite often. My questions is, I heard the 11-16 trucks had a different turbo, but can't find anything on 17-19 or the 20s. I know they detune them a bit, and I see the C&C tow capacity is lower as well? But yet they have way bigger brakes, bigger axle, stronger suspension etc, how can that be?

Question is, whats your guys opinion? I own a 5th wheel toy hauler that I plan on using 10-15 times a year, and it will weigh 20k+ lbs.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've driven a few c&c 6.7's as well as daily drove an f750 with one for about 2 years, and a few 6.7 f250's. The f250's I drove would take off like a rocket. The c&c trucks take off so slow, it should be illegal, no joke. I have no experience with the newer ones though. The whole detuned thing is beyond a freakin joke. How often do you see guys with goosenecks hauling small excavators/ god knows what else in a f250/350? I see it on a regular basis. Doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:

J98

Reaction score
On the f350's, the axles are the same and so are the brakes. The c&c have a few more leafs in the back then the standard f350, but the f450s get the wider front axle, tighter turning radius and bigger brakes

The new '20+ c&c trucks are a lot quicker then the '11-19 chassis trucks were, they'll peg 30 psi of boost no problem.

Last edited:

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I'm sure the 10 spd helps, im still curious if anyone know of any mechanical differences between the C&C and the pickup? Or is it purely software?

superpsd

Reaction score
So I have a 2020 F450 pickup. It's my daily. I love it. First of all check into insurance. Most insurance companies will have a problem issuring a CC for personal use. Most insurers consider a CC a commercial vehicle and require it to be insured as such. The frames are different between the chassic cabs and the pickup. The chassis cabs have a standard chanel frame aft of the cab for ease of aftermarket body installation. The pickups have a fully boxed in frame.. I think the axles are the same brakes etc etc. I would buy a pickup and build a custom Bed for it. You can sell off the bed and make some money back. A F450 and F350 are similar but the F450 has a tighter turn radius due to the wide track axle. Bigger brakes 10 lug hubs 19.5s with commercial tires. Rear axle is same but beefier axle shafts on the 450. As far as aftermarket is concerned tuning is already out for the 2020s. But they currently need to flash the PCM directly no OBD port flashing yet as the 2020s added some security that prevents flashing. I've read R&D is still in works to enable flashing from the port. These things have a ton of power stock alone however. My F450 does 0-60 in about 6-7 seconds unloaded. I don't plan to do any tuning until the truck is out of warranty anyways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online