HP Tuners

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Hey guys, forgive me for the ignorance in this post, but I have a buddy that has HP Tuners software that he does on the side for a lot of people, and I've always blown him off because I only had my OBS with the Hydra, but now I have the 18' 6.7 and he's telling me the HP Tuners has no limitations on what parameters he can modify like weight reduction and such. Im not interested in doing anything until my warranty is up, but is this true? Can anyone buy the software and just start tuning trucks?

superpsd

Reaction score
Yes HP tuners has a vehicle support list on their website. Several companies offer tuning software for various makes and brands. I have yet to purchase HP tuners software yet but will eventually. Hp tuners supports the powerstrokes up to 2019. They suport the TCM on the 2020s but don't support the PCM as there is encryption thru the OBD port. Guys are using B flash or Transdata hardware and software to tune the 2020 PCMs. As far as weight loss you can with HP tuners but most of the emissions stuff is hidden in the software. I've read you have to know where the parameters and some read a weight loss file to see what needs changed.