Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 07-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post

I LOVE how they STILL won't admit they are here,
They did that hear in IL with bob cats until people started catching them in traps . They also said that there was no way there was a mountain lion in Calhoon county until a deer hunter shot one and proved them wrong and someone else had trail cam pics of 3 different cats
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 PM
General
Member's Gallery

We've had bears, mountain lions, bobcats(really vcassens? They denied that? Theres several mounted at starved rock that visitors hit with cars), and badgers in Northern Il. Animals that dont live.here.

Some ag dewsh.was running his mouth and berating some "old cooc" who talked of wolves. My dad laughed at him and told him he was clueless. Brought him pictures of them shooting them out of.a.chopper in the 60's with rifles. They shot probably ten or.fifteen. Same farm we found the.badgers on.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:00 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcassens View Post
They did that hear in IL with bob cats until people started catching them in traps . They also said that there was no way there was a mountain lion in Calhoon county until a deer hunter shot one and proved them wrong and someone else had trail cam pics of 3 different cats
Calhoon county peaches? Didnt.get any this year
Old 07-29-2013, 05:03 PM
General
Member's Gallery

I have seen three lions working in the woods and that's a lot becuase even when there around you hardly ever see them.. Last year someone ran one over in CT that they tracked from out west.. There around most people just never see them.. Snow doesn't lie..

2007 F-450 SC Flatbed 6.0

2016 Taurus AWD SHO Interceptor
Old 07-29-2013, 05:08 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsah View Post
I have seen three lions working in the woods and that's a lot becuase even when there around you hardly ever see them.. Last year someone ran one over in CT that they tracked from out west.. There around most people just never see them.. Snow doesn't lie..
Exactly, my.buddy.Rich's dad tracked one from the forest preserve by the.golf.course in Sugar Grove and it was sleeping in the valley on a roof at night!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCorr View Post
We've had bears, mountain lions, bobcats(really vcassens? They denied that? Theres several mounted at starved rock that visitors hit with cars), and badgers in Northern Il. Animals that dont live.here.

Some ag dewsh.was running his mouth and berating some "old cooc" who talked of wolves. My dad laughed at him and told him he was clueless. Brought him pictures of them shooting them out of.a.chopper in the 60's with rifles. They shot probably ten or.fifteen. Same farm we found the.badgers on.
Well then I guess more in my area the local DNR said there was no way they where around hear and that was about 5 or 6 years ago but now they are starting to show up more and more so they can't say they are not around hear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCorr View Post
Calhoon county peaches? Didnt.get any this year
Yep where are you located? If you are around this area I might be able to get you the hook up on them. You just cant beat a Calhoon peach
Old 07-30-2013, 08:23 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Calhoon peaches stomp the shti outta Georgia peaches. There's no comparison. Im in La Moille buddy. Im from Mendota though. Im about an hour and ten from East Peoria.

A Faber guy from town here used to.go every year and bring back 35bushel. He took orders up to about 40 bushels.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

I found a dog finally. He's a 10 month old fully registered German, no traits of hip issues and a reject academy dog. They said he's to big of a build and doesn't have the stamina they require. Obviously knows basic commands and has been a family pet for 2 months now. Family is moving to China for work and can't take him. Excellent with kids and other animals.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

I would be hesitant of getting a dog that old.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxey Diesel View Post
I would be hesitant of getting a dog that old.
From what I've come to k know about dogs, you can sum up how to train in 1 word...."consistent" My boxer is 9 years old, and I can still make him do whatever I want as long as I'm consistent with him. He's gotten bad habits through his life and I can always break him of those habits.

The way I see it, he's young and energetic and smart. He's used to being around other animals and young children. I'm thinking he as plenty of potential of doing what I ask of him.