Oil Oil Oil

ja_cain

Reaction score
Great thread. Tarm is the man! Maybe one day something will reignite his passion for these old machines. I plan on adding the schaeffer's moly additive around down 1500 miles. Currently running Delo 400 le and sometimes have some funny erratic icp numbers. Wondering if it's a product of high oil aeration. After that I'm going to replace with Schaeffer's 7000 then 9000 then some sort of LE stuff. Hope to get uoa's for each change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
The 7000 will make it between 4 and 5k miles, before the idle gets a little choppy with 250k+ miles on my '00.
Never did sample it for an actual analysis.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Anybody got any idea what causes the truck to rev up if you are goung from Drive to neutral? Yesterday i was moving trailers and the truck is a tad lopey because i dont have a single shot chip to run it at the moment. But it also can be totally smooth. Im not sure if its the oil because its,sat so much? I changed the icp sensor thinking its faulty but its the same. The ipr is new but christ, with my luck Id better clean it if not replace it. But anyway it'll get rimpy and if you pull it out if gear it'll surge in rpms. Is this the idle validation switch taking a dump?

Its idled perfectly for two weeks without the chip so i have trouble believing its the lack of tuning. No codes. Ipr is moving constantly as it should. In other words its not stuck at the dreaded 10.8%.

Could it be the trans thats causing this confusion? I seem to recall someone else having this issue.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Anybody got any idea what causes the truck to rev up if you are goung from Drive to neutral? Yesterday i was moving trailers and the truck is a tad lopey because i dont have a single shot chip to run it at the moment. But it also can be totally smooth. Im not sure if its the oil because its,sat so much? I changed the icp sensor thinking its faulty but its the same. The ipr is new but christ, with my luck Id better clean it if not replace it. But anyway it'll get rimpy and if you pull it out if gear it'll surge in rpms. Is this the idle validation switch taking a dump?

Its idled perfectly for two weeks without the chip so i have trouble believing its the lack of tuning. No codes. Ipr is moving constantly as it should. In other words its not stuck at the dreaded 10.8%.

Could it be the trans thats causing this confusion? I seem to recall someone else having this issue.
I'm thinking maybe the neutral safety switch or the tps is going bad/shorting. Should be able to catch the bad tps behavior with a scanner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
for the past few oil changes I've been using delo 15w-40 with a pint of fleetrite engine oil defoamer noticeable difference in idle and injector noise.

David N

Reaction score

Mine does this as well. But its only if you're moving and then slide it into neutral.

TyCorr

Reaction score
tps or nss check out ok?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

I cleaned the tps and my nss is burnt out. My truck you can go into drive without foot on brake. Im not sure the nss could cause that. Im hoping my new trans will fave a new one on it when it shows up.

You ever replaced one?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I cleaned the tps and my nss is burnt out. My truck you can go into drive without foot on brake. Im not sure the nss could cause that. Im hoping my new trans will fave a new one on it when it shows up.

You ever replaced one?
yeah, my brothers 02 had one that when it was shifted to park, it would engage the starter.. even when it was at idle.. i replaced it.. lil pita but not bad..

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
yeah, my brothers 02 had one that when it was shifted to park, it would engage the starter.. even when it was at idle.. i replaced it.. lil pita but not bad..

live life full throttle

Oh hell....thats no good.

I know mine was messed up because my reverse lights stopped working.

TyCorr

Reaction score
it is like a 30ish dollar part.. why not try it out?

live life full throttle

True. About the time I do the new unit will show up and then *poof* problem fixed.

Latest posts

Members online