2002 7.3 Crank, No start, stumped....

bigfords

Reaction score
Alright I'm looking for some input....

Got a 2002 F350 7.3 that will not start. Cranks all day long, does not even try to fire on any cylinder. It seems to me like something is keeping PCM from firing injectors.
ICP is showing 2200 while cranking.
Fuel pressure is good. We actually pulled an injector to verify fuel at cylinder.
Injectors pass buzz test, and all sound good.
Has new Motorcraft cam sensor.
Reads 140 RPM or so while cranking.
Good compression.
HPOP reservoir is full. Also pushes oil out well when cranking.

Only code I get is EBP sensor circuit, so I have had that unplugged...

When I run a Network Test, there is a communication code for the HEC (instrument cluster), however everything seems to be working OK...

Any input fellas? this one has me stumped as of right now.

thanks in advance

Arisley

Reaction score
Do you have the EBP sensor unplugged or the EBPV sensor unplugged. Two different sensors, The EBPV sensor is in the valley. The EBP sensor is at the top of the EBP tube on the front of the motor. That sensor has been known to go bad and kill a motor with your exact symptoms. Unplug it and it runs fine.

bigfords

Reaction score
Yes I've got the EBP sensor unplugged.
Turbosuzuki, was your truck making good ICP?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Yes I've got the EBP sensor unplugged.
Turbosuzuki, was your truck making good ICP?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Man I'm sorry I don't know. I changed out several things tried checking all fuses, unplugging the chip. It would just spin over, it was like it wasn't trying to fire. I put it in the shop and mechanic scanned it and found the problem. I tried 4 different scanners or code readers and they wouldn't communicate with my pcm. I even put in a new cps. Sorry i couldn't be of much help.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Man I'm sorry I don't know. I changed out several things tried checking all fuses, unplugging the chip. It would just spin over, it was like it wasn't trying to fire. I put it in the shop and mechanic scanned it and found the problem. I tried 4 different scanners or code readers and they wouldn't communicate with my pcm. I even put in a new cps. Sorry i couldn't be of much help.

Link him to your thread

mandkole

Reaction score

What was the problem that they fixed?

dsberman94

Reaction score
If the WTS light is on, it is not the PCM fuse.

When I pulled mine on purpose to disable the truck in philly for a week while I got on a plane. My light came on and stayed on when I got back and didn't put the fuse back in yet. Same with when it popped from the fuel bowl heater shorting out. Don't know why, I know it doesn't make sense. That just what it did.

Latest posts

Members online