New to me tow rig!

RSK

Reaction score
So after talking to the guy for a 3-4 days i decided to hop on a plane, then took two trains and a bus and walked from the bus stop and met the guy at a gas station and test drove the truck then proceeded to drive it over 1000 miles home without any issues... Georgia to CT and got damn near 10mpg according to the computer thing in the dash!

50695AF2-BDBD-41CA-BC56-0A00F9FB96C1_zpsc256ypsy.jpg

20FF4EF7-D95B-49D3-AB7E-CE2DC567BB3A_zpsqzn5vwno.jpg

5 hole steelies for now but i have some alcoas in the works and the paint is actually glossy but it really dirty. Needs a good compounding and polishing. Lots of plans for it 90% cosmetic, except updating the rear suspension to air ride so it rides nicer. Already has an air ride seat! The truck is loaded for a 95 and everything works too. And i just hit 99,000 miles at the end of my drive home :toast: anyways i'm pretty excited to start building it. Should tow my 35' deckover very nicely!

Incase anyone is wondering, i will be continuing the black and white theme like my 6.4 has except the colors will be reversed black being the main the color here and white accents should be a nice looking tow rig when it's done!

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm going to be towing my 35' gooseneck i had built And start buying and selling trucks and truck parts, up and down the east coast.

RSK

Reaction score
No, i'll be doing landscaping as well, might drop plowing and do this instead tho.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Polish the paint take off the air foils for the stacks and put some dual stacks, a visor and chrome front bumper on it and would make a sweet car hauler for sure. We had an FLD 112 as well with spring ride and you needed to wear a kidney belt to drive the thing. The M11 is a great motor as long as you don't plan on getting anywhere to fast but for the size loads you will be doing will be plenty.

RSK

Reaction score
Polish the paint take off the air foils for the stacks and put some dual stacks, a visor and chrome front bumper on it and would make a sweet car hauler for sure. We had an FLD 112 as well with spring ride and you needed to wear a kidney belt to drive the thing. The M11 is a great motor as long as you don't plan on getting anywhere to fast but for the size loads you will be doing will be plenty.

Those arr pretty much my plans to a T except i think i'm gonna order a bare bumper and get it powder coated gloss black.

RSK

Reaction score
My mechanic started putting it back together today, new rear main seal is in, air compressor leak is fixed, new carrier bearing is on, flywheel has been resurfaced and installed, new clutch is going back in friday, then the trans, then the driveshaft, then the pintle plate so i can tow my landscape and dump trailer around. Took the muffler off to straight pipe it and turns out the muffler was all broken inside anyways and was junk so 5" straight piped exhaust it will be until i find a small muffler to go under the cab, next up is getting some louder air horns on it, and getting it Dot inspected and registering it which i hope to be driving it to numidia next weekend!

RSK

Reaction score
just got a dot number so now i can make a trip back to motor vehicle and get a 20 day temp plate, so i can get my annual safety inspection done, and then get the vin verified and then i get real plates for it. also got some good news, was planning on dropping 2500-3500 for surgery for our dog, and turns out he didn't end up needing surgery, so i might treat myself to a single 8" mitre cut stack about 60" tall should be about 1' or so above the cab. similar to how the old one was.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
That's good news to hear. You will like the truck we just got a old batesville casket truck to haul hay with to save dads dually. He has been trying to fix it up a little at a time. I'm trying to get him to do a single 7" on it, so it will wake that n14 up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.