Ezlynk with ******* Tuning

jcain

Reaction score
Loaded the Warhammer X sotf into the ezlynk tonight.

So far, driving around town it's been flawless. No smoke, nice firm shifts and always ready to get flogged.

I've done a few WOT pulls at each power level and it's very strong. I need to let it learn the trans a little bit more.

I'll be hooking up the 15,000lb 5th wheel soon.

I'll use this thread to update as I get to try all aspects of it.

I'll do ezlynk sotf testing then try the SOTF knob of Spartas.

Horsemover

Reaction score
Sounds awesome...time will tell but starting to think I made the right move not pulling the trigger on the Ngauge.

jcain

Reaction score
25,000lbs gross, Tow tune, 0-70mph 50% throttle

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
I've just switched over to the hard switch sotf offered by spartin and have started testing with it. So far, it's a superior option, in my opinion, vs sotf via the ezlynk.

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I've just switched over to the hard switch sotf offered by spartin and have started testing with it. So far, it's a superior option, in my opinion, vs sotf via the ezlynk.

Could you explain why that is? Aren't they the same tunes other than 5 offered via hard switch and 4 via Ezlynk?

jcain

Reaction score
Spartin can indulge further, but the ezlynk is limited in what tables it can/does alter during sotf.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Could you explain why that is? Aren't they the same tunes other than 5 offered via hard switch and 4 via Ezlynk?

ez lynk uses PW for the switch ( as far as i was told at least , similar to the minimaxx ) , s p a r t a n uses tq management ( i'm pretty sure thats the table ) so the tune and trans changes much more significantly with the switch .

ckrueg

Reaction score
Would there be an option for on screen tuning adjustment or is that only with the nguage or ndash?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
ez lynk uses PW for the switch ( as far as i was told at least , similar to the minimaxx ) , s p a r t a n uses tq management ( i'm pretty sure thats the table ) so the tune and trans changes much more significantly with the switch .

I believe ******* is changing accelerator to torque on the fly. Which is brilliant.

The PW OTF scheme was developed by Bully Dog back in the mid 2000's. And on a truck with a manual trans or a dumb transmission? You can pretty much do what you want with duration.

But when you start getting into advanced transmission controls, engine and trans tunes need to mesh or it's just "not right" :eek:

Part of why I never use OTF other than for dialing in a duration map. I'll only ever change the very top of the map (which is SOP if you want the trans to shift right anywhere other than WOT.

Long story short: *******'s got that good good IMO :pint:

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Yes, and no. The sotf on the ezlynk is rendered useless while you are using the spartin knob.

So how can you run the SOTF knob and Ezlynk? Load the war hammer SOTF tune with the nGauge and just use the Ezlynk as a monitoring device?