Any of these repairs throw a red flag

Ander254

Reaction score
It's a 2004 with 202k. He mentioned major and minor repairs in the last 20k miles. Here is what he said he's done. Thanks.

Hello James. It is. I bought the truck in 2012 with 190k miles on it for hauling my horse to competitions. Since then, I've put a new compressor and belt in it, remachined the head gaskets, put a new egr valve in, new vgt actuator, replaced an intercooler boot, and new high pressure fuel pump with regulator and an injector that was sticking. Oil was changed last november, fuel filters just changed. Has not had the air filter changed recently.

ghohouston

Reaction score
It's a 2004 with 202k. He mentioned major and minor repairs in the last 20k miles. Here is what he said he's done. Thanks.

Hello James. It is. I bought the truck in 2012 with 190k miles on it for hauling my horse to competitions. Since then, I've put a new compressor and belt in it, remachined the head gaskets, put a new egr valve in, new vgt actuator, replaced an intercooler boot, and new high pressure fuel pump with regulator and an injector that was sticking. Oil was changed last november, fuel filters just changed. Has not had the air filter changed recently.

Id find out what head gaskets were used

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
if the truck has just had the heads redone and no studs he didn't accomplish anything

assume it doesn't have an egr delete since he replaced the valve

id see what filters he has been using and nov. was 6 months ago......

id assume hpop unless he is talking about the lpfp mounted on frame rail

unless its cheap a non studded higher mile 6.0 are dime a dozen .

Ander254

Reaction score
He's asking 12k. It's a crew cab long bed 4x4. Full power and leather interior. He is not a mechanic by any means. Those were his exact words. I asked him about the 5th wheel hitch and he wanted to know if there was an easy way to find out what it was rated at. He never figured it out. I'm new to diesels but have a great diesel mechanic locally if anything should go wrong.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
not sure on your location but in about 2 weeks ill have a crew cab long bed with 180k on it, bulletproofed w new rubber and new paint and that truck will be about 11k. (xlt)

I also have a higher mile 04 king ranch with not the greatest interior for 7800.

as that truck is described if super clean IMO I think its an 8-10k truck. not 12 by any means

Ander254

Reaction score
I sent you a text about the trucks. I'm in Nc but willing to drive for the right truck at the right price.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.