Work truck project

ncollins64

Reaction score
Pic

Here's a pic of the rear bumper I made out of railroad rail. Think I may work on a channel front bumper since I got some scrap laying around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea the guy before me replaced that one fender with a 250 badge. And my front springs are sagging bad and one of the reasons for a RSK kit. I was measuring today trying to figure out what size rear block to get to go with my RSK kit.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well I'm in need of a zf5 if anyone has one for sale. The rear portion is cracked and I have no clue if it's been like this or not. I can grab the tcase and barley move it. While I'm at it I'm gonna replace the oil pan, front and rear seal and cooler. It's got some leaks so I might as well tackle all this in a weekend.

Lucas_Green

Reaction score
Hope you got somewhere warm to work on that thing this weekend. That is if you guys don't work.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well finally got started on this truck this week. Should be done tomorrow. Pulled the engine and trans and replaced the trans tail housing and replaced all seals and fluids and with the engine we cleaned it, installed new oil pan, front and rear seal, new oil cooler and all the other seals and gaskets and new hoses and thermostat and new coolant. Went ahead and installed down pipe and exhaust and delete pedistal and The irate e fuel kit also. Just gotta install my new lockouts and front diff fluid tomorrow and the b&w hitch and bags and get my traction blocks coming and it will be done. Think it should be a pretty reliable tow rig and work truck now. I'll get some pics later this weekend

Reaction score
Glad to see it coming together nicely!! I need to get off my butt and get my parts pile installed, please can you send some of your ambition my way, these 2am road calls and long winter days with all this Ice is killing it! Can't wait to see that 6.4 get done soon too!!

ncollins64

Reaction score
Thanks Alex. I went ahead and knocked this out while I was motivated. Now that this thing is 100% done and is a reliable truck now I can buy 6.4 parts and Take Morgan the truck. I still need to head over your way sometime if I can just make time

Diesel23

Reaction score
Sounds awesome, X2 on that ambition Lol , I've got my driveway full of trucks and just have no drive to work in the cold , should warm up here any day so my trucks get some attention

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well took this old truck on a road trip yesterday. It was only about 600 mile round trip but I was getting 18 mpg hand calculated. That's driving between 60-65 turning 2 grand. But after this trip I was sure missing my cruise from my 6.4. Just curious if anyone has ever put cruise on a non cruise obs truck and if so what all do you need and what is involved?

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Well took this old truck on a road trip yesterday. It was only about 600 mile round trip but I was getting 18 mpg hand calculated. That's driving between 60-65 turning 2 grand. But after this trip I was sure missing my cruise from my 6.4. Just curious if anyone has ever put cruise on a non cruise obs truck and if so what all do you need and what is involved?

All you need is the horn pad with cruise. it will plug right in. NOTHING else is necessary

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well I'm still searching for a horn pad. Does anyone have any methods or ideas on stripping and polishing factory alcoas? Think one has been barley bead blasted but the others are in decent shape. Would aircraft remover be best then polish like crazy? Any steps and or pics would be nice thanks

rusty1161

Reaction score
Well I'm still searching for a horn pad. Does anyone have any methods or ideas on stripping and polishing factory alcoas? Think one has been barley bead blasted but the others are in decent shape. Would aircraft remover be best then polish like crazy? Any steps and or pics would be nice thanks

Horn pad http://m.ebay.com/itm/271807354577?nav=SEARCH

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online