My Project

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wish ford had a 4:10 set.

Do you really think thats gonna be needed? You already know this but its already a big jump from the 331s to the 373s and the way the powerband is on these trucks I would think that would suffice?.. unless your going to a bigger tire then you already stated? Thoughts on wanting 410s?

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you really think thats gonna be needed? You already know this but its already a big jump from the 331s to the 373s and the way the powerband is on these trucks I would think that would suffice?.. unless your going to a bigger tire then you already stated? Thoughts on wanting 410s?

live life full throttle

its just that 6thy gear is so tall. i'll know more in a few.

MorganM

Reaction score
I don't care for the e-locker- are you guys wanting to keep it? If so, what am I missing that makes it better than a truetrac?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so far 3:73 is waaayyy better. no more downshifting. gained about 300 rpm .. this truck needed that so badly.

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
so far 3:73 is waaayyy better. no more downshifting. gained about 300 rpm .. this truck needed that so badly.

I would imagine it comes off the line with a.lot more authority to eh?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice, glad to hear you were able to get them and they helped up top. I am sure the acceleration improved some too.

I would imagine it comes off the line with a.lot more authority to eh?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

i havent left real hard yet, but the early gears at wot are substantially stronger, seems to be sitting at 3000+ rpm thru each shift. i think the difference in power there is substantial, just need to run it down the track and see.

Reaction score
Good. I do think 3.73's are as far as I'd go with 35's. I really don't know that id change from 3.55's that I have now. It pulls good and spools well. And it cruises at 80 very nice. But 3.31's would have had to go.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Good. I do think 3.73's are as far as I'd go with 35's. I really don't know that id change from 3.55's that I have now. It pulls good and spools well. And it cruises at 80 very nice. But 3.31's would have had to go.

I think if you could get the shifting down right 4.10's would be great. It just helps that much more to me once you have them and I could still pull 16.5-17.5 on the highway running empty. It definitely takes away from top end power. But man it really helps pulling my camper. If I get to running 35's all the time I hope I can get a 4.10 rear set. And I'll lose the e-locker I really don't need it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think if you could get the shifting down right 4.10's would be great. It just helps that much more to me once you have them and I could still pull 16.5-17.5 on the highway running empty. It definitely takes away from top end power. But man it really helps pulling my camper. If I get to running 35's all the time I hope I can get a 4.10 rear set. And I'll lose the e-locker I really don't need it.

i think for my purpose, the 3:73 will stay unless i go to a much laggier turbo setup, which will never happen. i'm prolly gonna try the 67.7 FMW from HTT , i'd like a bigger turbine with a 360* bearing. i'm a little apprehensive of the s300's .. so bigger turbine will be more resilient. that being said, at cruising speeds and maintiaining 1800 rpm at 70-75 , i'm just on the edge of being lit, so no downshifitng whatsoever. my truck was downshifitng all the time with the 3:31 , i guarantee i could tow very effectively with this setup, just not with 2300 pw that im currently running.

Congrats on the results, very cool

thanks brutha. best mod to date :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online