P0607 code

rocknmj

Reaction score
So I recently started getting a P0607 control module fault. It sets the CEL about every drive cycle but sometimes will go 2 cycles. Truck runs and shifts fine from what I can tell and the only thing is the light on the dash. I have checked batteries, connections, etc. I reflashed back to stock then reloaded my regular tow tune with no change. I'm wondering if the TCM has an issue or if the PCM is the culprit.

Now the one other thing is that this didn't start showing itself until after I installed my Tap Shifter. Everything was fine for about a month and I love the ability to select my gears and have control over 4th gear (I tow a lot and gross close to 26k when fully loaded) so having manual control of the tyranny is great. However, when this code sets the Tap Shifter doesn't work. I clear it and everything works as advertised until I shut it off and restart it. I have been clearing the DTC memory every time I start the truck, bit that is a pain. I did disconnect the Tap Shifter to see if that was causing the problem but it is still there. So unless it screwed something up initially, it would seem to be a coincidence.

So with all that said, go for replacing the TCM? Any other ideas?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
get rid of the tap shifter and i bet your issue will disappear also. They are super glitchy

My09Ride

Reaction score
Very Interesting?

I would love the tapshifter.. Old truck driver! I have been wondering for as long as I have known they are out there.... Who Really Knows.???? I'm Patriot Tuned... Luv that too.:swordfight::swordfight:

rocknmj

Reaction score
get rid of the tap shifter and i bet your issue will disappear also. They are super glitchy
I disconnected it at both the OBD port and at the transmission. No change. Maybe it screwed something up prior to that. I should have just had a tune written to give me 4th gear control with the Tow/Haul button. Live and learn.

Latest posts

Members online