akf250

Reaction score
Headlights

What about using 2017 headlights?

Any design change from 2008?

Jsexton

Reaction score
Tail lights...

I have those tail lights to my truck they were paint match from retro customs they are awsome and look good at night

Attachments

• 20171231_091245.jpg
    20171231_091245.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20171222_185547.jpg
    20171222_185547.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 91

akf250

Reaction score
Looking for advice on injectors. Injectors have 100,000 miles on them and have carbon build up around the tips. Had no signs of any issues with injectors.

Is it ok to just scrub the tips with a scotch brite to clean them up? Should I just get new tips put in?

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Looking for advice on injectors. Injectors have 100,000 miles on them and have carbon build up around the tips. Had no signs of any issues with injectors.

Is it ok to just scrub the tips with a scotch brite to clean them up? Should I just get new tips put in?

I’d send them out to GCL Diesel or any Reputable test centre have them flow tested to make sure there prepared to stand the test of time of mounds of power that your about to throw at it. $52 and thats CAD bucks a piece.. decent shipping and If you ask for Colin at GCL in Fuel Injection services. I’m sure he’ll give you the same deal he gave me if you test all 8. and throw in the Fuel Additive 945ml bottle for free.
I thought mine were good. The piezo crystal itself (the actuator) were bad in 2 and the flow test failed on 2.. by minor specs but would only get worse..
if there fine, they also clean them and ship them back with brand new orings around the pintle. Free of charge.. which you might want to do as well as the upper oring as well.. replace.
Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crack85

Reaction score

Have rcd test, flow and balance them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

akf250

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks guys!

Still in the air about 15% nozzles. I am putting a brand new LP and HP fuel system into the truck and have been speaking to B585Ford about his experience with the mild nozzle upgrade.

"GH did the tunes. I use a MM. I have not put that many miles on since doing the injectors (about 20k Miles). I have not had any problems since installing them. You see a noticeable improvement in spool up, but it does get warmer during acceleration."

I have a *******. Does Patriot Diagnostics do custom tuning? If I was gonna work with anyone for custom tuning should I use a specific company or tuner? Does the type of tuner really matter? Could one company send you a file for a different tuner or is it all tuner specific?

I'd love to live tune it of course but that won't be able to happen in Alaska

akf250

Reaction score
Progress Post

FASS 150 GPH Low Pressure Pump Installed

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

External Filter Kit Installed

attachment.jpg

Sorry about the images being all flipped around. No matter what I do they keep flipping around.

Had to use a angle grinder to get the old tips off, they were stuck! Cleaned up the tailpipe with a angle grinder, got new MBRP tips in. Gotta shorten the tailpipe a little to get the look just right.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7976.JPG
    IMG_7976.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_7977.JPG
    IMG_7977.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_7982.JPG
    IMG_7982.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_7975.JPG
    IMG_7975.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_7978.JPG
    IMG_7978.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 427

akf250

Reaction score
Progress Post - Cam

Got the cam out. Made the rookie mistake of not unbolting the torque converter and pulling it with the transmission. I don't think I would have been able to get the nuts off from that little hole anyways.

Gonna do new motor mounts, flywheel, and starter while I'm here.

Still waiting for the cam, UPS guy forgot one package when he picked up all my stuff from the shop.

Got my new coolant tank, RCD manifolds, and O-Ringed heads in.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8004.JPG
    IMG_8004.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_8002.JPG
    IMG_8002.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_7980.JPG
    IMG_7980.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_7979.JPG
    IMG_7979.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_7987.JPG
    IMG_7987.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 395

ckrueg

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks guys!

Still in the air about 15% nozzles. I am putting a brand new LP and HP fuel system into the truck and have been speaking to B585Ford about his experience with the mild nozzle upgrade.

"GH did the tunes. I use a MM. I have not put that many miles on since doing the injectors (about 20k Miles). I have not had any problems since installing them. You see a noticeable improvement in spool up, but it does get warmer during acceleration."

I have a *******. Does Patriot Diagnostics do custom tuning? If I was gonna work with anyone for custom tuning should I use a specific company or tuner? Does the type of tuner really matter? Could one company send you a file for a different tuner or is it all tuner specific?

I'd love to live tune it of course but that won't be able to happen in Alaska
I believe they are working on finishing on screen tuning for the 6.7s before they will do custom tunes. However, they have OST for 6.4s and it does allow for adjusting for injectors, turbo, etc. I would recommend trying that out, and then if you don't like it go from there

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

akf250

Reaction score
True Trac

Is this the correct part number for the Detroit True Trac for a F250?

I don't have the utmost trust from my local driveline shop, they tried to sell me a air locker.

Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials TT70P52595

Summit Racing Part Number:DTL-915A550

akf250

Reaction score
Injectors + Progress

Sent my injectors off to Oregon Injection yesterday to get tested and cleaned up. Just gonna keep it simple and keep stock injectors. Sounds like the benefits are just not proven and the tuning would be a hassle.

Replaced my motor mounts, sawzall'd all my cab insulators off, and got the first round of head stud hole cleaning done.

Bought a set of OUO Adjustable Link Arms.

Looking at lifting the motor once more, pulling the oil pan and welding in a bung for a oil heat exchanger for my Webasto system while I'm only 2 quick bolts away.

This truck will have 3+ months a year in negative 20 or colder temps and I want everything to have the hydronic heater running through it.

Coolant, LPFP, Oil Pan, and potentially some lines running around one of the batteries will be connected to the Webasto/Espar.

Check this heat exchanger out

http://www.partssystems.com/mini-heat-exchanger.html

akf250

Reaction score
Not Yet

Not up and running yet, I've been away from the build for over a month traveling through Canada. Just dusted her off today and started on some small things tonight.

- Started grinding and cleaning the rust off the top of the shock towers so I can get them resealed.

- FINALLY! got my new cam in the mail and got the gear pressed on. Now just waiting for my push rods to show up.

- Got my OUO 3 Link Setup in and they look awesome!

- Got the handle relocation plate welded in on my tailgate, just gotta drop it off at the body shop now.

- Got the last box of intake sensors, replaced the cam and crank sensors.

- Pulled the trigger on a Mag-Hytec Oil Pan to gain those extra 8 quarts, and a Red Head Steering Box while I'm here.

The test and tune date has now been set! Time to push it! :ford:

June 23rd - Prowl for Power - 907 Diesel Day

http://www.raceak.com/profile/?r=236223&rt=sch

akf250

Reaction score
Painting

Painting & Parts

Attachments

• IMG_8407.JPG
    IMG_8407.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8410.JPG