Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what y’all like to wash your rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
A bucket of sand to get the tough dirt off :thumbsup:

For real, it's a tough question. If you're into detailing, you'll be looking for high quality shampoos, 2-3 buckets, foam lances, the nines.

If you're not, you'll balk at the soaps and rigs people have when the turtlewax/rain-x shampoo and rubbermaid bucket from autozone does the same job.

If you fall into the first category: Adams, chemical guys, optimum, and countless similar products. Look into wool pads and mitts, and consider a foam lance on a pressure washer. Get some buckets with grit guards. I got hooked on Autogeek, there's a bunch they don't sell, but there's even more they do, and the forum is crazy knowledgable.

If you fall into the second category: Go for something with a carnuba, and is sudsy. Turtle wax and rain-x make good stuff. The mitts on a pole are a great accessory, toss them in the washing machine after every couple washes at least. Any bucket will do, I'd aim for a taller bucket, not to hold more liquid (try to keep the water clean, it's easier to make smaller batches of mix and remake them often) but to keep your feet dry (it sounds dumb but after august it really sucks to have a soggy set of sneakers after a sunday wash session.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
A bucket of sand to get the tough dirt off :thumbsup:

For real, it's a tough question. If you're into detailing, you'll be looking for high quality shampoos, 2-3 buckets, foam lances, the nines.

If you're not, you'll balk at the soaps and rigs people have when the turtlewax/rain-x shampoo and rubbermaid bucket from autozone does the same job.

If you fall into the first category: Adams, chemical guys, optimum, and countless similar products. Look into wool pads and mitts, and consider a foam lance on a pressure washer. Get some buckets with grit guards. I got hooked on Autogeek, there's a bunch they don't sell, but there's even more they do, and the forum is crazy knowledgable.

If you fall into the second category: Go for something with a carnuba, and is sudsy. Turtle wax and rain-x make good stuff. The mitts on a pole are a great accessory, toss them in the washing machine after every couple washes at least. Any bucket will do, I'd aim for a taller bucket, not to hold more liquid (try to keep the water clean, it's easier to make smaller batches of mix and remake them often) but to keep your feet dry (it sounds dumb but after august it really sucks to have a soggy set of sneakers after a sunday wash session.

I like the sand idea ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mckinney1

Reaction score
Sounds like some of you are a lot more picky about washing your rig than I am. The woman thinks I am OCD about my truck because I keep it pretty cleann, guess I need to show her this haha

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Sounds like some of you are a lot more picky about washing your rig than I am. The woman thinks I am OCD about my truck because I keep it pretty cleann, guess I need to show her this haha

I’m not even that picky, when I repainted the hood on my beater with cheap one stage I gave up on it, nothing can make it look good. My dad parked it under a tree right after and the whole hood has a mossy oak/realtree camo texture that no amount of compounding and polishing can get out. It’s also soft so everything leaves a mark. When I get it repainted it will be show quality 24/7 but when it’s 3 different blacks it’s really not worth it. I just make sure there’s no mud on it and leave it at that.

I detail my parents cars every so often with the DA, good quality products, etc. It’s more or less the only time my mom’s car gets cleaned, but my dad always steals my stuff to wash his own truck since he sees how nice I get it, LOL

My work rig gets rinsed and swept out daily, washed weekly, waxed every two, sealed every 6 months, and polished as needed. I never went more than 4 days without vacuuming, cleaning, and febreezing the interior. I was given a brand new truck to operate, and it should be kept looking that way. Especially since they let me drive it on personal time, to keep miles off the beater (and the bench seat is great for date night, namsayn?)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.