Red vs. Green Fuel

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Got a 6.7 for the farm.. all stock... curious if I’d hurt anything running red fuel through it ? I’m sure this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find anything on it. Thank you

harrelljr99

Reaction score
He said Farm. Hard as it is to believe there are still folks who use trucks for strictly work only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Yea I am..... it’s a FARM truck. Farm Plates, Farm Insurance.. all I want to know is if it’s gunna hurt anything if left all stock.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
I wouldnt do it for the main reason these trucks were never designed to run on anything except ULSD.

EPA

Reaction score
As said its all ulsd now days... Its red only to identify it wasnt taxed so just a red dye.... If the truck always stays on private land you can run it all day long... But I know in some areas if you step on a public road you can be fined even if you have farm plates... So if you plan on running to town for some supplies you could be breaking the law.. I would look through your counties rules before risking that fine.

Anyways you can run it with no ill effect.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Short awnser will it hurt the truck no. Same fuel just dyed. If you get caught on a public road you could be fined. Will you be caught... In alot of places probably not

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Same fuel. Different dye. Red diesel is not taxed. Hence why it's cheaper and you can get fined if caught on road with it.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Sorry boys I thought the red stuff was off road diesel and not Ultra Low Sulfur. Always a good day when you learn something.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
There’s not gonna any officers around anyway after “they” defund them all. You might get checked if your dirty farm truck is at the Red Lobster parking lot at 8 pm on a Friday though.

yogr

Reaction score
Sorry boys I thought the red stuff was off road diesel and not Ultra Low Sulfur. Always a good day when you learn something.
The red stuff is off road diesel, that's why you get in trouble for running it on road.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Oh ok. But there is physically no difference in the fuel? All just tax related? I had figured it was less refined

Strokersace

Reaction score
As said its all ulsd now days... Its red only to identify it wasnt taxed so just a red dye.... If the truck always stays on private land you can run it all day long... But I know in some areas if you step on a public road you can be fined even if you have farm plates... So if you plan on running to town for some supplies you could be breaking the law.. I would look through your counties rules before risking that fine.

Anyways you can run it with no ill effect.

This is EXACTLY why I said what I said. Public forum, public roads... If it’s 100% on private land, you can do what you want. Doesn’t matter what plates are on it if it’s off private land. It’s a titled vehicle and subject to “on road” laws.

I’d never publicly state I’d run off road fuel in a titled vehicle... EVER!!!!!

harrelljr99

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY why I said what I said. Public forum, public roads... If it’s 100% on private land, you can do what you want. Doesn’t matter what plates are on it if it’s off private land. It’s a titled vehicle and subject to “on road” laws.

I’d never publicly state I’d run off road fuel in a titled vehicle... EVER!!!!!

Just make sure you got a bag of feed or some other farm supply or equipment in the bed.

https://www.agriculture.com/content/14-questions-and-answers-about-farm-transportation-regulations

Jeff6146

Reaction score
It won’t hurt a damn thing. Only reason it’s red is because the fuel needs to be a different color to show it’s not taxed. It’s exactly the same damn fuel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.