Custom Sterling gray f250's

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Did you have your faceplates painted or powdercoated? Do you have any problems with your little screws (that hold the plates onto the wheel) loosening over time or do you just tighten the chit out of 'em?

My plates are painted as opposed to PC'd. I wanted it to be a perfect match to the paint on the truck, but I was afraid to REALLY tighten them down b/c I didn't want the paint to chip. I only rode on them for about 3 weeks before I had to return to deployment, but when I took them off for storage (while I'm gone) I noticed almost every one of them was a little loose.....not about to fall off or anything, but just lightly backed out some (prob from vibration while spinning).

I also decided (just like everyone told me......I know, I know....) that I don't like the Chinese light bar a whole lot. It was "bright" but I could tell it was cheap and not "BRIIIIGHT"..... I ordered myself a Rigid so I will be swapping those out when I get back home for good this summer......... Have you noticed that with your Chinese light bar? I remember when you did yours and posted the pics of your progress.........it inspired me to do it too! (thanks)

Don't know how I missed this, but my faceplates are both painted and powder coated. The first and third plates are painted gray, so that they would be an exact match to the truck, the middle plate was powder coated at the same time as the suspension, so that they would be an exact match color wise also.

image.jpg1_zpsuxdmi9i7.jpg

As far as the little bolts, I just tightened them down pretty snug and haven't had a problem in over a year.

Yes, I know a Rigid bar would be brighter, but for what I use mine for and as little as I use it, it does what I need it to. I really like the look of Rigid's midnight edition bars, but just can't justify spending the money right now.

DC87

Reaction score
Paint matched except the grill and emblem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 108

jwalk09

Reaction score
Updated pic of mine in TN this past weekend
f9aa75cb97a0a224b7802095ad4b7ca5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC87

Reaction score
lose the 4x4 stickers

Thanks I plan to do that this weekend along with a coat of cquartz as well.

I couldn't decide on the grill didn't want to paint over chrome with the amount of potential rocks that hit it and my painter doesn't like the texture of the xl grill so it came down to putting on my painted shell with chrome inserts or just slap on the xl grill all black! Thanks on headlights I have had them about 4 months so far and I love them!

thor943

Reaction score
I'm in Louisiana can anyone recommend where to do the ptm bumpers and headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online